Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator

Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator

Shower Gel / Body Scrub

Review of "Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator"

published 10/07/2003 | eyebrowfetish
Member since : 02/05/2003
Pro Great smell, lasts a long time
Cons A little harsh, body didn't sparkle

"Exfoliates body, but doesn't sparkle"

If you've read the Clinique body cream I wrote, you'll already know that I bought this as part of a twin pack! £16.50 on it's own, in case you're planning to buy it!

This exfoliator comes in a 250ml tub; the product is blue, showing through the clear plastic tub, with a silver lid-very chic and sits nicely alongside my body cream!

It polishes rough, dry areas such as elbows, knees, etc. It smoothes and refreshes the skin with it's refreshing smell. It is used the same way as with most body exfoliators-preps the skin for moisturising or self-tanning; it is not meant to be used for the face and neck areas! This is because the exfoliating granules are much too harsh for your face, but suits the body.

I use this when I'm showering; you're meant to wet your body and then massage the product all over, concentrating on the really rough areas! I thought that this exfoliator was good because it was not very moist and therefore was more effective as an exfoliator because it wasn't too gentle on the skin; sometimes if I massage too much, it can be a little uncomfortable, but usually I've found that it doesn't hurt at all. You don't need to use too much because it works straightaway and you don't need to repeat the exfoliation!

After the exfoliation, I didn't find that my body 'sparkled'-when I first bought this, I thought that there'd be glittery bits in it, but alas it's not as fun as that! Just a normal body exfoliator! I found that I didn't need to use a lot of this at all-value for money! Less than a teaspoon's amount was enough for my entire body! It spreads quite well once in contact with moisture on your skin. The smell is indeed refreshing-hard to describe...a little bit like that liquid you use to use to blow bubbles with as a kid, using that weird loop stick! The granules are small and not particularly harsh, if you have wetted the skin well enough. I love the fun colouring too-a light blue! The consistency is a bit thick and is like a cream, not a gel, which spread well once moistened!

I would recommend this because it works well as a body exfoliator; it'll last me a long time (about a year). It made my skin feel very clean; however, I didn't think that my skin was so polished that it sparkled! My skin is not that rough to begin with, so it didn't feel particularly smoother/softer. Perhaps if you have really dry knees or something and use this, the effect will be much more visible to you! I do like this a lot, but won't re-purchase, only because there are plenty of other body exfoliators that I'd like to try and there is nothing special about this Clinique one! It is really good at making your skin feel slightly softer and much cleaner-especially good for summer, when you're bearing your limbs! If you have not tried this, then I suggest you do-you won't be disappointed because it is a high quality product, if a tad expensive! It contains salicylic acid, which means that it gets rid of dead skin cells more thoroughly-just in case you're interested this ingredient is used in the treatment of acne too!

Available at all Clinique counters

• thebigc1690 published 16/04/2007
    great review!
  • twinkle100200 published 18/09/2003
    I had a trial size one in a bonus time - agree it is a great exfoliator - but where's the sparkle!!
  • vickitomlinson published 11/09/2003
    This sounds wonderful - I am more of a Clarins girl myself and use a similar product from them - maybe I'll get round to writing an op on it sometime! Vicki