Homer213 4

Homer213

Member since:07.07.2009

Pretty good turnaround for only 15 mins!!

11.07.2009

Advantages:
Easy to use, well presented, nice consistency

Disadvantages:
Could smell better .   Discontinued and replaced with a newer model

How does it affect your skin?

Does it dehydrate your skin?

Why did you buy it?Recommendation

7 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. KateHurst
  3. paulpry118

It was Clinique Bonus time at Boots, and although I only went in to buy a moisturiser I came out with a couple of other extras including a tub of Clinique Turnaround 15-Minute Facial.

I've been using Clinique products for a while now and it's a brand I trust. The staff at the Clinique counters at Boots are always really helpful, full of great suggestions and tips. So when I asked about face masks they recommended this one and I thought I'd give it a try.
Purpose

This 15 min face mask have been developed to make your skin brighter, smoother and more even toned, it does this with microdermabrasion.
Presentation

Clinique Turnaround 15-Minute Facial comes in a blue 50ml tub with a silver lid. It also has a cover under the lid to stop the product from drying out. As with most luxury comestics it also comes in a box, which in my opinion is completely unnecessary as it goes straight in to the recylcing bin.
It has no instructions printed on the tub. Rather they are in a paper sticker underneath (or on the paper in the box which you threw out), which is not that helpful. Especially if you want to check the instructions after you have started using it!!
Product

It's a tub of light green pearly cream. It's hard to describe the consistency, probably about the same as yoghurt. The smell is a little chemical, and not really that pleasant. But it's not overpowering which is a good thing.
Application

The instructions are simple (even if they are in an annoying place). Smooth a thin layer over face, avoid eye area, hairline etc, and leave for 15 mins or longer.
After 15 mins or so rub off in a circular motion with fingertips or a wash cloth.
Cost and where to buy

For memory this cost me around about £20 from Boots some time back.
I just looked this product up on Boots and on Clinique and unfortunately it has been discontinued and replaced with a new version - "Turnaround Instant Facial" which only takes 5 min!! This is a 75ml tube and costs £29.36 direct from Clinique. So the newer model is slightly more expensive for a bigger size.
My views

I quite like this product. Although it doesn't suggest in the instructions, I like to apply to a clean, slightly damp face. As it dries it turns your face looking faintly chalky colour, but it doesn't make your face feel tight, and you can still smile!
Washing it off is as easy as using your fingertips or a washcloth. I then apply a moisturiser to clean dry skin.
Whilst I don't use this product every week - I tend to like products that I can use quickly and easily in the shower, it is nice for a treat or a bit of a home day spa.

I think it makes my skin feel soft and fresh and more radiant.

I've got a bit to go before I finish my current tub and move on to trying the newer version. But I'd like to give it a go!

TheHairyGodmother 21.09.2009 21:28

Super review, well written, informative and very helpful to the consumer.

KateHurst 21.07.2009 17:15

I think the fact that this doesn't completely dry out sounds good. With some chalkier masks, I've been scared of moving too much in case I created dust!