andycharg... 5

andycharger

Member since:02.08.2000

Might as well face it im addicted to Coke.

31.01.2002

Advantages:
Makes me feel good love the taste

Disadvantages:
Rots my insides and my teeth .

21 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. fanta_esque
  2. purplehaze13
  3. jeaniecz

Just like Robert Palmer sang in the 80's only this time its not love. Love is nice and all that but not as nice as Coke!
I am a Coke addict. I can't help it, I just am.
It all began as a teenager. After years of buying us Orange Squash and Lemon Barley, we were introduced to Coke.
A lovely taste and an tingling sensation as the gassy drink flowed around my mouth. Instant hit. It was sweet to taste and just had a moorish flavour.

Lets talk about the product.

History
-------
Developed towards the end of the last century in America, Dr John Stith Pemberton, A chemist developed a Cola Syrup for aches and pains. So essentially it started life as a medicine!
It was accidentally mixed up with a soda water in the chemist's store to make swallowing the mixture easier and hey presto! Coke in its carbonated form was born!
Pemberton's accountant named the syrup "Coca Cola" after its main ingredients, African Kola Nut and leaves from a Coca Plant. Both of these ingredients were classified Stimulants and perhaps this is where the "pick me up" properties come from.
Yes, It did hae traces of Cocaine to dispell one urban myth as did many other medicines around at the time. Your Grandparents may even have had a Cocaine based sedative if they had teeth out as a younger person.
Over the years, the cocaine was substituted and it no longer contains it.

Today it has grown to be one of the most recognisable advertising symbols across the world and is recognised by more people than anything else.

Packaging.
----------
Small Red cans have not always been the way to get your Coke. Nor have the Plastic 2 litre bottles that now give you a big hit for your money. In fact, the smaller 500ml size bottles are nearer the design. In 1915, the famous "Hour Glass" coke bottle with the swirled glass design hit the streets and it is still being packaged like this today. You normally see it like this in pubs.
The design of the logo with its White text and Red background are famous the world over.

Taste.
------
Very sweet yet tingles on your tongue. When you drink it too fast, the carbonated water can sting your throat. I love it and cant get enough. I think it has many addictive properties in it, not just the caffeine.

Price.
------
Out of all the colas around, this has to be the most expensive. It is the best tasting and of course the one that sprung a generation of copycat products.
I am prepared to pay the extra as I can tell. I liken my mouth to a pallet of a fine Wine Connoisseur!

Its downfall.
-------------
Ok, here goes. Do you know how much damage it does to your insides? The high sugar content rots your teeth. Not slightly, a lot! My dentist used to say to me " you have perfect teeth". Now he tells me to pack it in or I will risk lots of damage. I already have a mouthful of fillings and I blame Coke for it. Yet im still buying it and drinking it.
It must also affect your kidneys in a similar way to Alcohol. OK it does not damage your system like Alcohol but have you ever dropped a 2p coin into a glass of coke? No? do it and see the results for yourself. You will get clean money!
That is what is happening to your insides!

I truly am addicted. If I don't have any for a couple of days, I get narky with people. This may be due to the high caffeine content.
I dont drink hot drinks you see so I dont get my caffeine hit in the same way as a coffee drinker. In fact, I drink nothing but If I have the chance.

Overall. Its a great tasting drink which I highly recommend but I also worry about what it is doing to my health.

daisyleee 09.04.2011 03:40

EEEEEEW COKE! Haha. Really good review :) I'm definetly more of a pepsi person though x

MissDirect 20.04.2002 12:22

Am I the only person who doesn't like it?

MRSCANADA 19.03.2002 20:24