Review of "Coca-Cola"

published 14/09/2002 | Sweetiesarahjane
Member since : 18/05/2001
Pro Tastes gorgeous, very refreshing
Cons Can be expensive compared to other drinks in some places

"Always the real thing"

At this time of year, I cut down on all of the hot drinks I have – In the winter I drink gallons of coffee and tea, but summer/early autumn I love nothing better than cans and cans of a certain drink…

I love all of the variations of this product – diet, light, and diet with lemon – can you guess which drink it is? Thought you might, its Coca-Cola.

I love coca-cola. It just tastes gorgeous. Apparently this is down to syrup that has remained a guarded secret to this day, which must be true as competitors like Pepsi have never found a match to the taste of Coke.

The fizz in coca-cola is just right. I hate flat soft drinks, they just make me feel sick and I don’t really like it when it is so fizzy it burns your mouth and goes through your nose – if you don’t believe me try Tesco’s own lemonade! Coca-Cola has just the right amount of fizz but I still wouldn’t drink it in a hurry if I was going to something like a quiet meeting as it has a habit of coming back up!

The packaging on the cans is distinctly red with a large white Coca-Cola slogan on it. It is so well known you can easily find it on the shelves. The diet and light variations are grey in colour and are also easily found on the shelves. There are loads of different ways this product is packaged – in cans, plastic bottles and glass bottles. I have been to quite a few countries abroad and they all have different glass bottles that this stuff is stored in – some are really pretty to look at.

The can I am currently drinking from is the standard 330ml size, but you can also buy mini-can sizes. The cost of the standard can is 39p in a multipack can, but usually range from 50-55p in shops and vending machines. I have seen them at extortionate prices in a couple of vending machines such as 70p, but this is very rare and I avoid them like the plague.

You can buy coca-cola from just about anywhere. Shops, Vending Machines, Cafes, Street Stalls, you name it. You can even buy coke in Boots and Superdrug!

There are many advantages to coca-cola; it is highly refreshing – especially on hot days, it has a lovely amount of fizz and it tastes gorgeous.

The only disadvantage is that it can sometimes be expensive – especially in leisure centres, but the prices of Pepsi seem to be similar so you are getting good value for money in the group that it is in.

I thoroughly recommend this drink to anyone. There are few people who dislike Coke. Most people who aren’t keen on the normal one love diet coke and visa versa.

So go on – have one now!

• mike081179 published 06/01/2003
    Good op, I love coke, I think everyone does. - Mike
  • craigy2040 published 20/11/2002
    I must say I prefer Diet, much better when they say that Coca Cola is like drinking a cup of tea with 18 spoonfuls of sugar - errrrrrrr!!! Great op. Craig.
  • Candymarie published 17/11/2002
    I love this but I can't stand the one with lemon on though! :)