Review of "Coca-Cola"

published 18/04/2011 | IzzyInTheHouse
Member since : 24/03/2011
Now on dooyoo under the same name! Withdrawn my £80!
Pro Taste, design,
Cons Price
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"My Favourite Drink Of All Time!"

Background and History

Normally called "Coke", Coca- Cola is made a a company called The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola company make many other drinks as well, they currently sell over 500 different brands in over 200 different countries or territories! Amazingly, they serves 1.6 million servings... every day!

Another little fact, is that Coca-Cola was actually made to be a medicine! Anyway, I'll get on with the review now lol!

Ingredients

Ingredients

* Carbonated water
* Sugar (sucrose or high-fructose corn syrup depending on country of origin)
* Caffeine
* Phosphoric acid v. Caramel (E150d)
* Natural flavorings[38]

A can of Coke (12 fl ounces/355 ml) has:

39 grams of carbohydrates (all from sugar, approximately 10 teaspoons)
[39] 50 mg of sodium
0 grams fat
0 grams potassium
and 140 calories.[40]

Packaging Design

Personally I like the design a lot, its fresh and simple, yet at the same time, it catches your eye!

Compared to Pepsi (who I consider to be their biggest rival in the cola drinkss buisness, I prefer it a lot more. Pepsi's bottle is very in your face, yet Coca-Cola is still in front in sales... so they must be doing something right!

Taste/ Flavour

It's quite hard to describe how it tastes really, I mean it tastes like Coke lol! Although I can say it does taste quite sugary and sweet! However, it's a nice balance. It's not too flat, it's not too sugary and sweet, it's in the middle (just where I like it! :D)

Although I can say, alot of my friends think that Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max all taste the same. However, I don't, so be careful, just because you like Coke doesn't mean you will like all of them. Also, they may have different ingredients, so do be careful if you're allergic to something!

Price

One of the only let downs really! With all the budget cuts going on as well... it's not looking like it's going to get any better either! Here are some prices that come across...

For a Can:

Post Office: 55p
Iceland: 50p
99p shop:*** 4 for 99p *** Best value
£1 Shop: I think it was 4 for £1 but I'm not really that sure.

Only let down is you can't put a can in your bag once it's open or anything like that.

For a Bottle:

Post Office: £1
Iceland: £1
99p Shop: 2 for 99p (Although they may be foreign) *** Best Value ***
£1 Shop: 2 for £1

Although I do have to say, the can multipacks, 2l and 3l bottles are better value.

Side Effect

To be honeest, I'm not sure if this is a down or not! When ever my daughter has it, it does make her go rather hyper! She talks very fast, to be honest it is very funny! However, if it keeps her and the dog quiet for a few hours in the garden, and it only cost £1 for two bottles... am I going to say no?!?!

Overall

Overall, I love the drink, flavour ... everythin but the price to be honest! Although, compared to some, it is still very cheap.

The best drink of all time? I think so! :D