Coin Dozer (iPhone)

Coin Dozer (iPhone)

Genre: Arcade - Real-Time Strategy - For iPhone/iPod Touch

Review of "Coin Dozer (iPhone)"

published 30/11/2011 | angelboouk123
Member since : 01/06/2010
Busy working Mum to two boys and married to the love of my life <3
Pro continual, free, fun, easy to play
Cons you can't restart without deleting, run out of points too quick!
Gameplay/Playability
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"My Favourite App!"

Coin Dozer is an app which is suitable for playing on the iPhone, iPod and iPad. It is free to download from the Apple Itunes store. The app is produced by Game Circus and is 13.9MB in size.

Coin Dozer

Coin Dozer is based around the penny push machines which can found in amusement arcades. Once download, the game is continual and can be accessed straight away.

You start off with 39 (or may have been 38) gold coins in your "box". You click the top of the screen to drop the coins into the machine and hope that they push other coins forward. If you manage to push coins over the edge, they are added back into your box for you to play.

Your coin kitty adds one extra gold coin every 30seconds aslong as you are actively playing. If you close the game down, the coihs build up every 9minutes up to your maximum regenerate rate (which starts at 39 coins). The game as far as I know keeps going. You have a target each level and have to knock a certain amount of coins off before you can continue to the next level. Your bonus for progressing varies every level but you could get a shower of coins, an extra coin into your regeneration rate or various other bonuses.

There are special coins to knock over which give you special bonuses. These come in the form of special coins. The silver coins and big gold coins give you extra coins to play with. There are some coloured coins and if you knock them off the edge, you could get extra coins added, special coins entitling you to 15-50 extra winnings (towards your next level, not your playable coins), coin walls around the side of the screen or even a coin explosion.

There are various prizes to collect which come in sets of 4 (different colours). These include teddy bears, yo yos, sunglasses etc. Once you have collected a set, you get a star and extra coins or other bonuses. The latest version of Coin Dozer has a shake feature. Basically any coins which fall down the sides of the screen build up. Once the tube at the side is full, you can shake your phone and release coins and prizes.
My Thoughts

This is probably my favourite iPhone app so far. It was recommended to me and being free, I had nothing to lose by downloading it. It has never failed to load though is sometimes a little slow to respond to touch screen action.

The graphics are bright but basic on this game but it all works well. The app is easy to navigate and this is such a simple yet addictive game to play. I love 2p machines at the seaside and arcades as I find it fun waiting for the coins to drop! I originally started playing this and got to level 30. I decided to delete it and re-install it as I had sold so many of my prizes as I didn't know what they were for! I wish the game had a reset option as this would be benificial.

I like playing this one in bed at night as it doesn't take much concentration. The sound effects include the sound of coins dropping and falling though it is easy to turn this off (though not as much fun to be honest!). There isn't much to the gameplay but the continual aspect means I can play for a short while each day knowing that my coins will have been regenerate and my prizes intact. It is a fun way to spend 10minutes and see how well I can do.

I do think it is a case of pot luck sometimes. There are some nights where I can use all my coins really quickly as I cannot seem to shift the coins far enough and they simply keep moving around the main part of the screen. I've learned to not sell my prizes as the shop only gives you up to 10 coins for them and it isn't worth it as they are hard to come buy. It is pretty random when the prizes suddenly drop onto the screen and difficult to make sure they don't get knocked down the side. It annoys me when I accidently knock a 50 bonus coins coin down the side as they are very rare in this game.

The amount of coins you need to get to progress to the next level varies from level to level. It started off at 50 but I have seen it go up to over 100 needed which can take some time to achieve. The shake function works well and I find it best to way until the bar is right up the top and get the most impact from it. My fiance does get annoyed though when trying to sleep and I'm shaking my phone from side to side next to him!

It takes time to progress up through the levels and other than the extra coins or regeneration limit, there isn't anything extra added from level to level - you keep the same layout of coins on the screen and continue on from there. I'm currently at level 60 and have completed a few sets of prizes.
Conclusion

This is well produced, bright and engaging game which never fails to amuse me. It's all good fun trying to knock the coins and prizes down. I do get annoyed when I run out of coins but remind myself it isn't real money so it doesn't bother me too much. I can highly recommend this app if you want to pass some time on a daily basis.

Thanks for reading x

• Coloneljohn published 05/12/2011
    Sounds like fun. John
  • cha97michelle published 01/12/2011
    Thorough review. I would get addicted to something like this.
  • Angela150 published 30/11/2011
    An exceptional review! I love the Coin Dozer game!