Colgate Dental Floss

Colgate Dental Floss

Dental Floss

Review of "Colgate Dental Floss"

published 04/10/2005 | elephants69food_0
Member since : 28/08/2004
Pro does what it should
Cons none really - more pricey?!?
Ease of Use
Improvement on Teeth Condition

"A Smile is Contagious-i Hope Bad Breath isn't!"

I have a thing about clean teeth. I smoke, so I tend to brush my teeth, chew gum and suck mints a lot to keep my breath smelling fresh.

I bought an electric toothbrush a few years ago and it has been fantastic and I can definitely tell that my teeth are a lot brighter than they used to be. (Though that can all be changed with one heavy night of red wine and a few packets of cigarettes!)

I have for as long as I can remember included flossing in my daily cleaning regime. I don't think many people realise how important it is to floss and its not until you start to do it that you realise how much you do indeed need it! It is recommended by all dentist to be part of your oral care routine.

I really hate talking to people with bad breath and I don't just mean cigarette breath because I can tolerate that but when I say bad breath I mean pure halitosis! I feel this can partly be helped by flossing and generally getting all the gunk out from between the teeth.

Even though I brush my teeth often, I do still get a build up between the teeth (very nice!!!) but by making sure I floss I can actually see the build up disappear! For people that eat a lot of meat I would strongly suggest flossing as meat is the worst thing for getting suck between the teeth. It is also the worst thing for rotting away back there if it's not flossed out! This is what gives people the real stagnant breath! Urgh!

I often buy the cheapest floss like Tesco own brand which is 59 pence but this time I bought Colgate brand as it was on special offer for 64 pence in Superdrug.

It comes in the usual floss type casing, a little white plastic box with a roll dispenser and a flip top lid. The casing is not too fancy but then again who really needs a fancy box to house their floss?

The floss itself is white in colour and fairly thin in width. A lot of people prefer to use dental tape for the better thickness but this is just perfect for getting in between my tight molars! The Colgate dental floss is waxed for easy in gliding between the teeth.

The little box feels quite heavy so I guess there is quite a lot in here. It doesn't specify exactly how much but even though I use it daily it is not something that I have to buy very often.

On using this particular brand of floss I can honestly say that I found it no different than using my usual Tesco own brand. It is not something that is going to be more luxurious the more you spend on it. In fact the flavour of it really is not that nice (luckily I'm not eating it!).

The only thing that is really any different than other brands is that it doesn't feel as sharp. Sounds like a weird thing to say but I often bleed if I cone into contact with my gums when i use other flosses but I did not bleed once. I'm not sure if I was being extra careful or if it is genuinely the product but it certainly feels sort of softer.

So to conclude, I really do rate flossing in general but would I really recommend spending the little extra and buying the named brand Colgate Dental Floss the answer is no not really. I don't think it made a scrap of difference it being Colgate and once this floss had finished i think i will just buy what ever is cheapest on the shelf at the time.

6/10 for Colgate Dental Floss a fairly average product

Thanks for reading

• ady_ankle published 11/10/2005
    Yeh, U got to floss man! cool review ..............A
  • kenzita published 06/10/2005
    Sounds like it's a good product ;-)
  • krissiebea published 05/10/2005