Collection 2000 Blusher

Collection 2000 Blusher

Review of "Collection 2000 Blusher"

published 03/03/2010 | MEL0611
Member since : 24/09/2009
Mummy to be, bubba due end of March...watch out for Nappy reviews!!!!
Pro Fantastic price, goes on evenly, good choice of pastel colours in the range
Cons You do need to apply a couple of layers of the blusher
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Collection 2000 Blusher..."

When it comes to my make up I tend to play it quite safe and stick with a brand that I know. More often than not that brand tends to be the Boots Number 7 one but I do have a few pieces in my make up box that re from other brands such as Rimmel, Maybelline and Collection 2000. I was having a little bit of a clear out a while ago, throwing those old mascara wands away and eye shadows with the smallest bits left in them when I came across a collection 2000 blusher. I remember buying the blusher from my local Tesco, without exaggerating I look completely washed out if I do not use my blusher and as my trusted Number 7 one had run out I must have needed a quick fix and this was it. I am sure many of us are feeling the pinch and rather than go and buy another Number 7 Blusher I decided to finish up the Collection 2000 one.

The Collection 2000 make up range is available in most Supermarkets as well as high street stores such as Tesco and Superdrug. The blusher cost me just £2.49 which in my opinion is a fantastic price. There are 4 shades available in the range, these include the following:

So Pretty ~ A deep pink colour
Trouble ~ A pastel pink shade
Bashful ~ A deep bronze
Breathless ~ A light bronze

None of the shades are what I would call over powering or to much and I think had I brought any of them they would have worked on my skin tone however I chose the 'Trouble' shade on this occasion, as I said, a pastel pink shade and perfect for everyday use.

The packaging to this blusher is quite simple, the blusher comes sat in plastic packaging with a clear plastic lid so you can clearly see the shade through it. The clear plastic lid flips open to reveal the blusher and allow you to apply it. On the lid is the Collection 2000 logo in black lettering as well as the word 'Blush'. The back of the blusher tells you the name of the shade as well as giving a list of ingredients used in this product. I guess I would call the packaging and design quite minimal on this product but there is something about the simple ness of this product that also makes it quite elegant.

When it came to using the blusher I used my make up brush and gently swept it over the blusher. It was quite fine and powder like and when I swept the blusher over my skin it gave a very thin layer and I did need to build the layers up slightly so I had to apply a little bit more of the blusher to build up the effect, I preferred this though as I hate it when blushers are to heavy and you end up with a completely un natural look. This blusher however gave me a natural finish and was exactly what I was looking for.

When it came to the lasting power of this blusher I was also quite impressed with it. As I went to apply some lip balm later in the day I looked in the mirror and found that the blusher was as I had left it, it had not faded at all or gone patchy in places. I will be interested to see how this blusher wares in the summer months (If we have any!) as it stayed put perfectly but this maybe different in warmer temperatures, make up can sometimes melt away in a warmer climate. The blusher for now though is definitely tough in strength and the shade that I picked worked really well on my skin colour and as I previously mentioned I think all of the shades would have worked well as there were no over powering shades, all of the collection offered quite neutral and pastel shades.

In summary, I am really impressed with this product. For the price that I paid I have to admit that I was not expecting the greatest of results and this Collection 2000 product has certainly taught me a lesson hen it comes to the cheaper make up products. I guess you do not need fancy packaging and design; it is what is inside and what the make up product does that counts and this blusher certainly came up with the goods. You do have to apply a couple of layers in order for it to show up on your skin but I prefer anyway to build up colour rather than plaster it on in one go!

4 out of 5 from me on this one