Compaq V1100 21 in

Compaq V1100 21 in

Review of "Compaq V1100 21 in"

published 11/02/2006 | MttJocy
Member since : 25/01/2006
Pro Good size, low price
Cons It is a 21" CRT, so even with its good design it does need alot of space
Picture quality
Image Size in relation to tube size
Colour sensitivity
Design

"A good cheep large display"

I firstly should note that I am rating a unit only purchase I obtained from ebay for £39.99 which is why I have given neutral ratings to Manufacturer Support & Manual as I do not have these to comment on, but other than that on with the review.

I orgionally purchased this monitor as my previous one an aging Ilyama 17" model was finally on its last legs, I initially intented to purchase a 19" as a replacement but when I saw the Compaq V1100 21" model for this price I decided that it was too much of a good deal not to give it a try and I am happy to say I was not disapointed with my purchase here.

The display istelf is capable of a very high resolution up to 1920x1440 which is more than enough to have several apps open on your screen at the same time in most cases, the on screen menus of the monitor provide the controls you need including hardware colour controls, zoom features as well as all your usual controls for brightness, contrast etc you will find on any monitor.

I measured the viabable area to around 20.1" which I personally think is quite reasonable for a display of this size and exactly meets with the manufacturers published specifications, I have on occasion found the manufacturers specification for viewable area can be optimistic at best, but in this case 0.9" of non viewable tube for the mounting is perfectly acceptable for this size of display in my opinion.

The installation of this monitor was as easy as any, of course you have the fact that the input cable must also be attached at the monitor side and not fixed wired as some older models are but this is due to the fact that this monitor comes with a choice of inputs and you would not want spare cables dangling behind your computer desk, I am sure if it is anything like mine there is more than enough cables down there as it is with just the in use ones. The inputs avaliable are standard 15 pin connector and BNCx (I had to check the name of this in the technical spec to be sure)

The physical dimensions of the unit according to the specifcation are (HxWxD) 18.7 x 19.0 x 16.9 in / 47.5 x 48.2 x 42.9 cm which is really not a bad size for a 21" CRT display, I have seen several models which are larger, of course the really important ones to most of us are the Width and Depth as we all have to fit the unit on our desks, and in this sence the unit is smaller than other 21" models I have come across and not that much larger than some of the 19" ones which is allways a good thing if you have quite a small desk, although I would advise using a monitor of this size on a desk which goes back quite far as it is more comfortable to view the display with about 1m between your eyes and the unit, at least that is what I find a comfortable viewing distance, others may find they prefer less distance.

All in all I really cannot complain with this monitor for £39.99 as it is a very good display for that price and something I would recomend to anyone looking for a large display, unless that is you are fortunate to be able to afford a TFT model anyway.

• VampirePrincessLizzy published 11/02/2006
    very helpful thank you a good review. xXLizzyXx

Product Information : Compaq V1100 21 in

Think you can't afford a 21" monitor with great image quality? Think again. Compaq proudly introduces the V1100! Compaq's V 1100 allows you to view more of a document on one screen vs. scrolling up and down. It features affordable large screen productivity. Cables plug up vertically, so monitor can be placed flush against a wall to save desk space. Flicker-free performance at high resolutions reduces eyestrain and fatigue. This monitor saves time in setup and configuration, delivers easy access to technical support whenever needed and matches the color on screen to the output of a color printer.

Product Description: Compaq V1100 - CRT monitor - 21"

Device Type: CRT monitor - 21"

Native Resolution: 1600 x 1200 at 85 Hz, 1600 x 1200

Pixel Pitch: 0.26 mm

Input Connectors: RGB

Dimensions (WxDxH): 52.2 cm x 50 cm x 51.4 cm, 50 cm x 43.2 cm x 51.5 cm

Weight: 29.5 kg

Localisation: English / United Kingdom

Compliant Standards: FCC Class B certified, MPR II, UL, EPA Energy Star, ISO 9241, TCO '95

Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty

Native Resolution: 1600 x 1200 at 85 Hz, 1600 x 1200

Pixel Pitch: 0.26 mm

Vertical Refresh Rate: 160 Hz

Horizontal Refresh Rate: 107 kHz

Factory Preset Resolution Modes: 1600 x 1200 / 60 Hz ¦ 1600 x 1200 / 75 Hz ¦ 1600 x 1200 / 85 Hz ¦ 1280 x 1024 / 60 Hz ¦ 1280 x 1024 / 75 Hz ¦ 1280 x 1024 / 85 Hz ¦ 1024 x 768 / 60 Hz ¦ 1024 x 768 / 75 Hz ¦ 1024 x 768 / 85 Hz ¦ 800 x 600 / 60 Hz ¦ 800 x 600 / 75 Hz ¦ 800 x 600 / 85 Hz ¦ 640 x 480 / 60 Hz ¦ 640 x 480 / 75 Hz ¦ 640 x 480 / 85 Hz

Controls & Adjustments: Power on/off, contrast, brightness, adjust +/- , select, menu

On-Screen Controls: H/V-position, H/V-size, pincushion distortion, pin-balance, H/V-moire, degauss, trapezoid, parallelogram, language select, tilt, colour temperature selection, rotation, colour adjustment

Dimensions (WxDxH): 52.2 cm x 50 cm x 51.4 cm, 50 cm x 43.2 cm x 51.5 cm

Weight: 29.5 kg

Colour: White

Connectivity

Connections: 1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) - 1 ¦ 5 x display / video - VGA - BNC - 5

Miscellaneous

Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ), AC 120/230 V

Power Consumption Operational: 160 Watt

Manufacturer Warranty

Service & Support: 3 years warranty

Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - parts and labour - 3 years - carry-in, Limited warranty - parts - 3 years - carry-in

Environmental Parameters