Review of "Compeed Blister Plasters"

published 14/11/2008 | Sarahjh1
Member since : 02/11/2008
Pro An excellent healing plaster for sore feet
Cons none
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Compeed Blister plasters"

Every time I have a new pair of shoes I get the same problem..Blisters !!
No matter how soft the shoe is my heels develop sore ,weepy and painful blisters.
We were always told to leave a blister open to the air,so that it had a chance to heal.
But in reality this often leaves the wound open to germs and infection,making the skin cracked and dry.

I went to see our local pharmacist,he is always happy to advise,and he suggested using the Compeed Blister Patches.
To be honest my heels were so sore that I was open to any suggestions he might have made !

I read the leaflet to see how the Blister plasters worked.
These plasters have been used in hospitals for over 20 years and the Compeed Hydrocure system relies on Hydrocolloid based healing.
So the cushioned patch seals the wound,making it impossible for dirt,germs and water to get in while the healing process takes place.
A moisture absorbing hypoallergenic layer is attached to the inside of the patch.
While the plaster sits over the blister it allows a new skin to form.

I applied one of the Blister patches to my freshly washed heel,the plasters have a tapered edge,which adds comfort.
Often I have worn plasters and found them really uncomfortable inside my shoes,but these are discreet.
The Blister patch doesn't come off in the bath either,so there is no constant waste having to change the patches frequently.
I chose to leave my Blister patch in place until my heel felt well and truly comfortable again.
The Blister patch offered so much pain relief !
So three days later I removed the patch,the skin was still soft,but an outer layer of fresh skin had formed again,and the wound was no longer raw.
Because the skin had only just formed it still had to be treated with care,but it was bliss having comfortable heels again !
So the Compeed Blister patches have now become an important part of my medicine cabinet.

Compeed have a large range of footcare products including :
Cracked heel cream
Anti Blister stick
Callous and underfeet corn plasters
Advanced corn relief
Toe blister plasters

A pack of five medium sized Blister plasters cost £4.40 and are available from leading supermarkets and chemists.

• M.Newcastle published 05/04/2010
    Well reviewed, sound really useful - I'm prone to blisters too x
  • redeyes22 published 14/11/2008
    great review aggy
  • watkins11 published 14/11/2008
    These sound useful, another thing to add to the bottom of my handbag!