Compeed Cold Sore Patch

Compeed Cold Sore Patch

The most discreet way to treat cold sores fast

Review of "Compeed Cold Sore Patch"

published 16/08/2012 | lejuan
Member since : 16/08/2012
Pro easy to apply, relatively inexpensive and it works briliiantly for me.
Cons none that come to mind
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Compeed - and NOT Zovirax"

As Splinton has said in his/her review, but in more eloquent terms, Zovirax's product is in my opinion rubbish and a complete waste of money. I had the same experience, going through an entire pack of the things without being able to remove a single patch from its backing.

I'm still angry after this morning's Zovirax experience. I thought I'd give theirs a go for comparison's sake - but that was the last I'll ever buy.

Compeed is brilliant. Sitting here with what would otherwise have been a massive and painful coldsore, but is now quietly healing beneath this patch, I am utterly grateful for this product.

Each Compeed pack contains 15 applications - the treatment of cold sores I personally have suffered from in the past generally requires the application of around 5 patches, with each patch staying on for the stipulated 8 hours. If stored as directed the patches will keep for a fair while - certainly at least for the 6-month period that is the typical duration between my cold sore outbreaks. So you can store them away and not be left unprepared when the next outbreak hits.

At around $20 Australian, that equates to around $6 for at least 3 complete treatments - given the misery of an uncovered cold sore, this is in my opinion an absolute bargain. I probably sound like a Compeed rep, but after my past experience with the product, and the recent Zovirax debacle I wrestled with an hour ago, I felt compelled to put it out there exactly what I thought of the two products.

Edit: in response to comments on this review: the 'ciao!' page I'm looking at has the price in pounds and a list of vendors in the UK who stock this product. Am I looking at a different page from everyone else? Anyway, yes it's available in the UK from Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury's etc at around 6-7 quid.

• RICHADA published 16/08/2012
    Whilst this isn't a bad review - AUS dollars into US ones doesn't help us at all.....is this product on the market here in the UK? R.
  • dynamicnurse published 16/08/2012
    You need to realise that you are writing on a UK site!
  • mozzie76 published 16/08/2012
    How much is this product in British pounds? Is it available in the UK?