Complan Strawberry Flavour

Complan Strawberry Flavour

Nutritious vitamin-rich soup

Review of "Complan Strawberry Flavour"

published 03/02/2012 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Everything, this one is a nice flavour
Cons None at all
Taste
Effectiveness
Price level

"Complan, the easy meal replacer!"

As many of you know if you read my reviews often, I am someone with an eating disorder called Bulimia. I have suffered with it now for about 7 years and have my ups and down with the illness. At the moment I have it under a bit of control for once and one of the things that helps me to keep myself in line is meal replacement products. Instead of trying to eat all three meals a day I can replace a meal with ease with a Complan shake instead from time to time and recently my Doctor prescribed me a whole load of boxes of these in varying flavours to try.

Now these Complan shakes are not just to help people with eating disorders of course. These can be used by anyone with a bad appetite or people struggling (like me) to eat. They can be also used as a build up product for underweight people and do as I have already mentioned come in a variety of flavours.

The Packaging:

My 4x57g sachets come in a white and pink coloured box with a photograph of the shake on the front of it and we are told that it is Complan Shake, Strawberry Flavour 'Vitamin enriched, meal in a drink'. Other information stated on the box gives us lots of information about the drink and how to make it up, ingredients and a full nutritional chart are stated and contact details for the manufacturer are given. The sachets inside are white and navy blue in colour and large, paper made on the outside with much the same information as on the box listed on them and are foil lined on the inside. The packaging is highly informative (as it needs to be of course)and I do like the way that on each sachet information is given on them as to how to make them up so you can take them out and about with you and/or dispose of the box!

The Shakes:

The powder in each sachet is a creamy colour and the powder is fine. You simply add water to it for a light meal replacement which gives us 250 calories a serving or you can use whole milk which counts as a main meal giving us 386 calories per serving, either way the liquid makes us 200ml of the drink.

To make this up is easy and I simply add the powder to a glass, add my liquid and use a fork and it makes a thickish (well it makes a thicker drink if made up with milk opposed to water of course), rich pink coloured milk shake. Its easy to do this and really I find a fork more than adequate to beat this into a paste with and it smells of sweet but natural strawberries and looks nice enough.

Taste wise I really like this one. It really does have a nice strawberry flavour to it, it is a bit sweet but naturally so and not one bit sickly and I sometimes I do have this instead of a light lunch or a main meal depending on how Im feeling.

This for me is great. It contains a whole host of vitamins and minerals that I need to keep me alive and functioning well, fills my tummy for a while and is easy to make up and consume and I really like them and have found them very effective for me!

My 4 sachet box is available in all good chemists and some supermarkets for about £3.00 a box.

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• catsholiday published 03/02/2012
    My Dad who was an alcoholic used to be fed these!!
  • VampirePrincessLizzy published 03/02/2012