Complete Keyboard Player Book 2 - Kenneth Baker

Complete Keyboard Player Book 2 - Kenneth Baker

Non-Fiction - Arts & Music - Musical Instruments - ISBN: 711980799

Review of "Complete Keyboard Player Book 2 - Kenneth Baker"

published 21/04/2012 | dynamicnurse
Member since : 30/07/2007
Pro Good to use either on your own or with a teacher.
Cons None.
Degree of Information
How easy was it to read / get information from
How interesting was the book?
How useful was it?

"The music must go on! "

Having in the distant past written a review on the first book in this series, I thought that I would just like to add some of mym own thoughts now on the Complete Keyboard Player Book Two which has been written (along with all of the other books that are in the series) by Kenneth Baker. I must apologise, as I cannot really give any information on him as I don't really know anything much about him - and there is nothing that I can find on the Internet either, to help me out.

However, the books that he writes and produces to help those who are learning how to play the keyboard are very easy to use - and Book Two is no different. The book is written in such a way, that it is simple and easy to understand and is laid out in easy recognisable sections that all describe certain things (see below). I enjoyed using this book (as I have done with all of the ones within the series that I have used), as although I went to an actual keyboard teacher who took me through the books these books are so simple that I was also able to use it on my own in between practices to 'swot up' on what I was supposed to be doing or learning about!

But please do not get me wrong, as although the book is laid out in a simple manner it is not intended to make people look stupid or daft or that you don't know what you are doing but rather it is laid out in a simple way that make the hard part of actually playing the keyboard look and feel easier!

Book Two carries on in the same manner as Book One, but introduces more sharps and flats that the songs that are contained within this book use. Along with this, various new chords are introduced (including a chord chart at the book of the book that shows all of the chords that have been learnt so far to dat across both of the two books) along with slight variations on how to play things such as syncopation (playing notes that have got a dot beside them!).

There are also many songs that are within this book, all of which are laid out again in a simple manner of the chords above the music for the left hand to play and a simple version of the melody written down as actual sheet music for the right hand to play - but of course what with this being a slightly more advanced book now, sometimes the learner may have to play two notes at the same time wuth their right hand as opposed to just the one! Some of the songs that are included are Candle In The Wind; Rock Around The Clock; When You Say Nothing At All; The Tide Is High, and the classic Love Me Tender.

I bought my copy some years ago for around the £4.50 mark, although these days you are looking at around the £7 mark and upwards - but if it is something that you are keen to learn how to play, then I would strongly recommend that you pay out that initial outlay as it will prove fun and yet worthwhile at the same time. Available in all good local music shops, it is also online - of course, it may be somewhat cheaper online as are most things these days!

Thanks for reading!