Computer Planet

Computer Planet

Computers & Electronics

Review of "Computer Planet"

published 29/06/2008 | Fragster69
Member since : 18/06/2008
Pro friendly service, impressive build quality, super fast PC!!
Cons took a while for it to arrive

"5*'s - recommended"

i've always built my computers myself but one of my mates recommended computer planet to me, so i went online and priced up a system. with a budget of £2k i expected their to be a lot more than it was (i'd already priced components up) but i was way out... £30 more (on £2k!!) for them to build it. so i thought it'll save me the headache of putting it all together myself.
then i checked a few review sites includin this one.. there's a few crap reviews about them but i trusted my mates experience and went for it.
some of the reviews sound a bit OTT based on the experience i had although there's truth in the issue of delivery time.... the site says 7-9 working days. for me... that wasn't the case.. more like 14 working days... BUT that's the only thing bad i can say about them, and its not even THAT bad because half way thru "test queue 2" they discovered a fault with the motherboard which wasn't picked up straight away. (i've had many sleepless nights tryin to figure out why a new computer isn't workin, all bein down to the motherboard bein faulty) so i wasn't too annoyed when it went back in line to have a new motherboard fitted.
i kept gettin emails givin me updates as to where my order was but it kept goin into test queue 2 and going back again and again
I phoned them up, they apologised for the delay and said that my order was high priority which i kinda figured out cos of the amount of emails i was getting :)
by the 10th working day thinkin i could have had it built by a week ago, i kept reminding myself of the headaches i used to have buildin my pcs so i can appreciate what these guys go thru to get a pc in pristine condition.
13th day i get an email saying my pc was ready for despatch.
14th day it turns up and... damn was it worth the wait!!
now i'm havin sleepless cos of crysis and assasins creed ha! :)
granted they took longer than expected to build it, but it was a purely tip top pc by the time i'd got it.
i'm recommending them to any of my mates wanting a pc and to anyone else who wants an awesomely tuned computer!

oh and ya get a free usb flash drive, cd's and a surge protector too. bonus!