Advantages Great people, good university, good equipment.
Disadvantages Not a lot of thought put into the department as a whole
I chose Birmingham University due to it's promixity to my house plus it's excellent reputation. I chose Computer Science because that's what interests me and they seem to have excellent facilities such as UNIX labs.So first the good points -
- Very good UNIX lab
- They have an NT lab, although it is very small and often crowded
- Some of the lecturers are very nice and very helpful
- The library is useful and easy to use
- I've met some very nice people on the course
- Some modules are really excellent, especially the cognitive science ones
- Eike Ritter!
- No real common room
- One tiny lecture theatre, so be prepared to walk across the campus regularly
- Some lecturers are inhuman.
- Computer Science Society (COGS) isn't very successful due to the fact that computer scientists don't like being told what to do or where to go.
- The Software Engineering modules are incredibly annoying and very Dilbert
- Certain staff in the school office should be poisoned (I'm not being harsh, they think that students are scum)
- Jim Yandel
|General Standard of Tuition|
|Quality of Lectures|
|Structure of Course|
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment