Computer Science & Software Engineering
3 reviews from the community
Review of "Computer Science & Software Engineering"
I chose Birmingham University due to it's promixity to my house plus it's excellent reputation. I chose Computer Science because that's what interests me and they seem to have excellent facilities such as UNIX labs.So first the good points -
- Very good UNIX lab
- They have an NT lab, although it is very small and often crowded
- Some of the lecturers are very nice and very helpful
- The library is useful and easy to use
- I've met some very nice people on the course
- Some modules are really excellent, especially the cognitive science ones
- Eike Ritter!
- No real common room
- One tiny lecture theatre, so be prepared to walk across the campus regularly
- Some lecturers are inhuman.
- Computer Science Society (COGS) isn't very successful due to the fact that computer scientists don't like being told what to do or where to go.
- The Software Engineering modules are incredibly annoying and very Dilbert
- Certain staff in the school office should be poisoned (I'm not being harsh, they think that students are scum)
- Jim Yandel
Product Information : Computer Science & Software Engineering
Manufacturer's product description
Listed on Ciao since: 28/07/2000