Computeractive

Review of "Computeractive"

published 23/02/2010 | harveydog52
Member since : 10/05/2006
I am Rufusdog on Dooyoo. Thank you for reading my reviews x
Pro Easy to understand, good topics
Cons none
Quality of journalism
Quality of features
Quantity of advertising

"Computeractive is an easy to understand PC Magazine"

This magazine is really good at explaining things about computers if you are not as up to the minute with the jargon etc about computing. I have been reading it for years now and have followed the advice given for when I bought my first Windows XP computer and now on to the Windows Vista computer I have now.

There are lots of different sections to the mag including lots of brilliant reviews on items that have just come out like the latest phone, laptop or some other tech gadget just arrived on the scene.

It also has pages of wrk shops which take you through doing things step by step like putting in a new hard drive, or how to shange your photos using one of the free programs they have on their site for downloading.

My favourite pages are the questions and answer pages which are full of everyday people asking questions that I might need to ask myself and answers telling you how to reectify an error or what to do if something isnt working properly.

The mag also takes up peoples cases if they are having problems with a company like say you bought a laptop and it stopped working, it would tell you your rights and help you if you dont get any joy from the company concerned when complaining.

There are news updates telling you about the latest tech news with stories like the following saga of downloading music and films from the internet plus telling you about any new viruses or worms etc.

Each page has a bit at one side where they tell you what any jargon means they have used in the passages you are reading so it doesnt go above your head.

Altogether a really good mag for everyone of all ages to be able to understand their computers.

Please note this review is also published on Dooyoo under my Dooyoo name of Rufusdog

Product Information : Computeractive