Connect-It Desk Fan

Connect-It Desk Fan

Oscillating. 2 Speed Selections. Non-Tilt Round Base. Silent. Smooth and Sturdy Operation. Cable Length: 2m (approximately). Diameter: 229mm (9\).

Review of "Connect-It Desk Fan"

published 25/03/2012 | cornishchic
Member since : 27/07/2011
single mum, working part time, a 'mature' student... and still got time for ciao!
Pro Easy to use, long cable
Cons Build quiality isn't great
Performance
User's Manual

"Desk fan? Nooo... Kitchen fan!"

The back of our house gets the sun from the moment the rises and at midday the sun shines straight into all of our back windows, this makes the kitchen unbearably hot. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen and needed something to cool it down a little. I went to Amazon and found this desk fan.

Where to buy

The Connect-It desk fan cost me £18 from Amazon, it is available to buy from places that sell office supplies.

Using the fan

The desk fan is very basic to look at, made from a white plastic it isn’t going to win any best designed fan awards. It has a 2 metre long plug cable so you don’t have to worry about positioning it near a plug, which is ideal in my kitchen as I don’t have many plugs spare but I could still use the fan in the worktop corner where I wanted it placed.

There are two settings for the fan speed, either 1 or 2, 1 being the low setting and 2 being the high. I generally used this fan on the high setting as it is more effective at keeping the kitchen cool, than the lowest setting. The fan doesn’t make much noise at all, even on the highest setting. It sounds just like a gentle buzz, an almost vibrating noise.

The top half of the fan can be tilted so if you are using it on your desk you don’t have to worry about it blowing your paper work all over the place and you can direct it in the way that blows the colder air in a place that’s comfortable for you. I don’t need to use this function in the kitchen, as obviously there is a bigger space to cool down, but it's good to know incase I do start to use this fan on my desk.

The actual build of the fan isn’t that great and the plastic base is quite lightweight and flimsy, the slightest nudge could potentially knock it over. Although it hasn’t happened to me as it is kept in the back corner of my worktop.

The fan does cool my kitchen down, the results aren’t instant but it does make a difference compared to if I didn’t use any fan at all as my kitchen really is a sun trap. It makes my kitchen bearable to sit in during the summer months so it has been an invaluable buy for me.

Overall, I would recommend this fan, it is effective at cooling the air down but I would use it as a desk fan more so than a fan to cool down the whole room. It does do what I want it to do and cools down the kitchen, but I don’t think it is as effective as some other fans could be.

• Coloneljohn published 06/04/2012
    Sounds quite good. John
  • Dentolux published 27/03/2012
    I'm a big "fan" of your reviews.