Kristoph2... 5

Kristoph23

About me: Finally back to do some more reviews been over a year, wow time flies.

Member since:07.01.2012

Contain Yourself, Its Dog Food

09.04.2012

Advantages:
Stores food safe and easily

Disadvantages:
The price

32 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. K2705
  2. ithoughtyoudneverask
  3. MarcoG

With my dog he eats quite a large amount of food and when it comes to finding a place to store that food it can be difficult.

Recently whilst in Pets at Home which had opened a new store up in the area I saw this rather fetching storage container and instantly thought it would be ideal for me.

The container itself came in two different sizes and they never really stated on the labels what they were until I got some assistance of a member of staff. The smaller size is for 12kg storage the bigger one is for 20kg.

I always buy big bags of dog food so usually this is a 15kg bag and I tend to put this outside in the shed but with me being a clumsy person the bag tends to rip open wider all the time and eventually the food falls out.

The container is made from durable plastic and the design is pretty cool. On the outside of the container are images of dogs and that was the selling point for me. The price I shall explain later but the images alone made me want the item.

On the top you have two ways of getting the food out and the first option is by opening the container and lifting the lid up and then scooping the food out with the scoop provided.

The second route is by opening the latch at the top which is a second way of getting food out. To be fair when the food storage levels are going down you have to open the container by lifting the entire lid up otherwise you would never reach the food.

Inside the container I usually pour all the 15kg inside and have room left for more and I place the scoop on to the top. Luckily for me now I can actually store this container under the stairs in my home and it means less food wasted by me ripping bags open all the time.

In terms of food storage this is excellent but I suspect there are some people who might use this for alternative methods such as storing dog toys which a friend of mine actually does and some might even use it for blankets and bedding even.

There are also some wheels on the back and it looks like a black wheelie bin if you look at it properly and the wheels are good and help me manoeuvre this around without any hassle.

What else is good is the fact I have the scoop and no longer need to pick the food out by hand to put inside the bowls for my dogs and the container seems to hide the smell. Some dog foods can smell terrible so the fact this hides the smell shows how durable it is.

The price for the smaller 12kg container is £24.99 and the 20kg container is £29.99 however I got my 20kg one for £23.99 so it is worth while checking in store for certain on these.

The size measurements for my 20kg container are 61 x 28 x 50 cm's and I reckon it could fit in many locations within the house.

I think the image overall made me want this item, the practical use of this item is excellent and there are alternatives to what you could use this for and most importantly this also stops those little monsters trying to get food because it is stored safely.

A great item price might seem pretty high but even for standard dog storage containers without the scoop online are roughly the same price.

pgn0 09.04.2012 16:43

Isn't it amazing how much a big dog can get through, despite the bag of food saying "enough for 47 days"...? Nice review of a wheely handy storage bin!

catsholiday 09.04.2012 16:39