Corona Extra

Lager

Review of "Corona Extra"

published 20/11/2008 | marcus1608
Member since : 17/07/2008
Pro looks like it could be very fresh
Cons its not, not cheap either,

"La cerveza lo mas peor del mundo?"

A trip to the beach on a very hot day on holiday in spain (YES I KNOW ITS A MEXICAN BEER but we were definetly in spain) prompted us to get a carryout consisting of one x sixpack corona extra between two people. This looked very refreshing, light and citrusy! mmm, just the thing to counter the overpowering heat! But no! Best described as bland, watery, flavourless cat's piss, corona is definetly not a beer you would drink out of choice. After stuggling with the first one, we stopped at the next shop and bought a lime and managed to use a penknife to cut a a couple of wedges to squeeze into the bottle neck. Though this did improve it marginally, it was still not a beer i wold buy again in any hurry. A beer should stand on it's own, not rely fully on the support of small citrus fruits for flavour!

To be fair, it is quite refreshing, but in a soft drink kind-of-way. If you want to drink a bottle of carbonated water with a slight yellow tinge, by all means carry on...

• TheIncredibleCheeseSandwich published 10/12/2008
    this stuff is just donkeys piss in a bottle
  • headcase44 published 06/12/2008
    I have also reviewed this and I thought it was the worst drink that I have ever tasted .... LOL Julie. x

offers "Corona Extra"