Corona Lamp Table

Corona Lamp Table

Review of "Corona Lamp Table"

published 17/02/2014 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Easy to assemble, looks good, well made/good quality
Cons Not easy to remove marks from
Style & Appearance
Ease of Assembly

"Corona Lamp Table"

Around 6 months ago, we decided to update some of the furniture in our house. My partner and I have very different styles when it comes to furniture as he prefers traditional looking furniture and I prefer modern looking stuff. He really likes the Corona range of furniture and I quite like the range myself as it is rather big, bulky and good quality furniture so we decided on this range.

Our living room is quite a funny shape with a few nooks and crannies and so we were limited to the furniture we could purchase to fit certain gaps and one item we purchased to fit into a certain gap was the lamp table.

This is a square table that comes flat packed. The good thing about this range though is although it comes flat packed, it doesn’t have the look or feel of cheap, badly made furniture. It has a real quality about it. The furniture is rather big and bulky, which also means pieces are heavy, which is fine when only trying to assemble a lamp table such as this one, but other items such as wardrobes, proved to be a little trickier to assemble due to its weight.

The table has quite a rough finish, being wooden and is an oak/pine finish. It has four chunky legs and each leg and each corner of the top of the table has a small pin hole to fit the large, black rounded pins in to add a decorative effect to the table. It has a square groove inserted into the table too to make the table look a little more decorative.

The table does look good and looks like you paid good money for it. As we purchased a good amount of products from this range, we obviously shopped around and found all the items we required for all rooms from shops on Ebay. This meant that delivery was free for many items and were a fraction of the cost than if we had gone to an actual shop to purchase it.

This table cost us around £40, which I think is quite decent for a good make. I would definitely be careful if purchasing items from this range from different places though as you may end up with a slightly different shade of wood doing it this way, which was an issue we had, though luckily everything in each room matched each other so we stuck with it, but I think this was more by luck than judgement!

The only negative point to this range of furniture is that it isn’t easy to keep clean. My son has a habit of putting drinks etc on this table as its nearest the television and it marks quite easily and because of the texture of the wood, you can’t easily wipe or polish marks off which is a bit of a pain. If you have the time and patience, it would be a good idea to probably treat or wax the wood as soon as they are assembled as I think marks will come off easier then but unfortunately we didn’t do this and I can see us having to purchase another one of these tables in the near future as it is starting to look a bit messy now with the marks on it.

Apart from the cleaning issue though, I have to say that I really like this range and this table is no exception. It is a really good size and although it is a lamp table, we have a lamp, candle, reed diffuser and digital photo frame on it and it doesn’t look cramped at all, so you can add a few decorative touches to the table if you wish and it really dresses the table up. The range is really well made and sturdy and looks really good too. It is a nice shade of wood and not too dark so it doesn’t darken the room at all and the range generally is quite extensive so you can find a piece of furniture in the range to suit every room in pretty much every size.

Cleaning aside, this is a really good lamp table from the Corona range and it comes with a recommendation from me.

• anonymili published 20/02/2014
    Sounds like you got yourself a nice matching set of furniture there.
  • Listerbelle published 18/02/2014