Corsodyl Mouthwash

Corsodyl Mouthwash

Review of "Corsodyl Mouthwash"

published 02/03/2012 | emmad5689
Member since : 12/02/2011
Thank you all for my E ratings it is appreciated xx
Pro Aids healing, good price, dentist recommended
Cons Doesn't taste great
Price
Taste
Improvement on Teeth Condition

"Cor it's good"

Whenever I am pregnant I have problems with my teeth, now I know the whole logic of the baby taking vitamins and minerals away from parts of your body but I am talking my teeth just rot away. My youngest daughter is 16 months old and since she has been born I have had to have 2 root canals and a filling, both the root canals have had to have stages postponed due to the infections just not settling down and so it has taken from April 2011 to January 2012 to complete this treatment. During this period my dentist advised that I used Corsodyl mouthwash to help my mouth heal between treatments and to aid the antibiotic in ridding me of infection.

Corsodyl can be bought from chemists and supermarkets although my dentist did offer me it on prescription it seemed a little pointless as the prescription would cost more than the around £4 a bottle costs off the shelf. The bottle is made of plyable brown plastic and has a white screw top cap which is also used for dosing the mouthwash, on the front it advises that this can be used for bleeding or irritated gums and mouth ulcers. You must not use this product if you are sensitive to chlorhexidine and you shouldn't use it at the same time as toothpaste as this reduces it's effectiveness. On the bottle it states that this should only be used for a month however my dentist instructed that I could use this longer term whilst treatment was taking place as I wasn't using it everyday.

To use the product you simply pour it into the cap up to the 10ml mark and then swill this around your mouth for 1 minute before spitting the solution out. This can be used twice a day using 10ml each time so a 300ml bottle would last 15 days. The product comes in two varieties original and mint and although I have tried both I would say neither is better than the other and they both aren't very nice.

I think this solution is wonderful and it has certainly made things much better for me through my treatment espeially when I had problems on both sides of my mouth at the same time, this made it more comfortable for me to be able to eat. The product makes my mouth tingle a little when i have used it but it isn't an unpleasant feeling and it is worth putting up with for the relief it provides. I am still using this every now and again as I have 2 wisdom teeth only part way through which occassionally swell and cause pain, i will always have a bottle of this in my bathroom and can recommend everyone does the same.

• Alyson29 published 02/03/2012
    I have vivid memories of using this years ago and I can remember the horrible taste! x
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 02/03/2012
    I'm sure this is really effective but I find the flavour way too strong!
  • Reviewer88 published 02/03/2012
    sounds like a great mouthwash

offers "Corsodyl Mouthwash"