Lorriee 3

Lorriee

Member since:25.06.2001

Pays to shop around

02.08.2001

Advantages:
Uses your post code to determine cover

Disadvantages:
The calculation for insuring cover

Recommendable No:

Competitiveness of APR

Comprehensiveness of range of products

Product package

8 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. michaird
  2. sue26
  3. nicci13

I joined Countrywide Assured Insurance Services back in July 1999. At the time I was a first time buyer and was looking for a competitive home contents rate to cover me for the first year. I had never heard of countrywide Assured but chose them because I had arranged my mortgage through one of their independent mortgage representatives and wanted something less complicated while I sorted myself out.

Their home contents insurance is arranged by Guardian Insurance and is designed for people looking for contents cover at a competitive price, which was just what I needed.

In order to get cover from Countrywide Assured you have to qualify all 6 requirements. These are:

You require contents cover only for your home
Your postcode area is where minimum security is required
The home is self-contained
The home is not lent, or sublet by you
The home is your permanent place
Only one home can be insured

Being a first time buyer I obviously qualified. They worked out how much to insure my property by the number of bedrooms that I have. 1 bedroom is insured for £12,000, 2 beds £13,000, 3 beds £15,000, 4 beds £18,000 and 5 beds £22,000. The maximum they will insure a property for is £40,000 and accidental damage is unlimited.

Nearer the renewal date I started to shop around and confirmed my worse fears that I was under insured by quite a lot. I was a bit concerned but as I saw it I was a first time buyer and had to furnish my flat, thankfully I didn’t have to make a claim. I was happy with the service Countrywide Assured provided but my needs had changed and the cover, which I originally opted for, was not sufficient for me any longer. I could have opted for a higher premium but did not see the need as I had found another lender who insured me for more and the monthly premiums were lower and they still gave me my 10% no claim bonus discount.

Post Code areas where minimum security is required

Countrywide Assured provides contents cover in the following UK areas. Not all postcodes are covered as they may feel a particular area is high-risk. To find out if your postcode is covered you can contact Customer Services on 01604 671188.

London, Birmingham, Bradford, Bolton, Bristol, Croydon, Dartford, Enfield, Glasgow, Harrow, Ilford, Liverpool, Leicester, Leeds, Luton, Newcastle, Oldham, Paisley, Manchester, Romford, Sheffield, Stockport, Sunderland, Cleveland, Twickenham, Southall, Warrington, Wigan and Wolverhampton.

Minimum Security Requirements

A deadlock conforming to a minimum of British Standard 3621 fitted to the final exit door (main entrance) of the Home.

Key operated security bolts fitted top and bottom to each leaf of all other external doors of the Home supplementing any existing locks.

Key operated security locks incorporating securing bolts fitted to sliding patio doors.

Key operated window locks fitted to all ground floor and other accessible windows and skylights forming part of the Home.

Locks or padlocks fitted to all doors of domestic garages or outbuildings.

Add the first comment!