Countrywide Property Lawyers

Countrywide Property Lawyers

Review of "Countrywide Property Lawyers"

published 02/09/2004 | coolchanty
Member since : 30/07/2001
Pro great service, prices were competitive, mail received on time
Cons None

"Top Banana"

When moving home there is so much to consider. You have to deal with so many people and the process can be very stressful, especially when people do not pull their weight or keep in contact throughout the chain. We moved home about a month ago and although it was not as stressful as some moves for various reasons it was still stressful, well for me it was. Anyway onto the review.

When moving home you are required to get a solicitor/ lawyer to carry out all the legal work known as Conveyancing. This applies to selling and purchasing. We did so much research in to finding a solicitor. We compared prices, read reviews, looked at company’s websites, asked friends and family members for advice on who to go with and who to avoid. As the solicitor is one of the most important parts of the sale and purchase process it is very important to me to have someone who works hard for you and does get all the work done on time. Now most of the reviews on this company were extremely positive and their website seemed very reliable and up to date compared to others when doing our research so we decided to trust the opinions of others and go for them. Another good thing about them is they have offices located throughout the UK so you will never be that far from one of them if you ever needed to visit them and they work on a no sale/purchase no fee basis. So if it all collapses near the end through no fault of your own you don’t pay them a single penny. I liked the idea of this very much. Considering house buying is such a dodgy business and something that you as a person are unable to control I’d rather prepare my self and protect myself for the worst, because had it all fallen through and I lost my money, it would of taken me another 6 months to save up the money again, by which time house prices probably would of gone up and knocked me out of the chance of making my 1st ever purchase and I would have had to wait until they dropped again. If they ever did and that could be ages away.

Anyway we got off to a flying start in that as soon as I instructed them to go ahead and do the work for us on the sale and purchase they were straight on the ball and straight to work. My fee was debited from my bank account in two days and I received all the documentation to sign within 2 days so they could carry out the legal work.

The slight problem we had was my partner was selling his property with the Manchester branch and we were purchasing through the Northampton branch and I said would it not make sense to have both our files together so the work can get done faster and they said ‘no no it’s fine like this. Two weeks later they decided to move our purchase file up to the Manchester office to keep it together with the sale stuff so we had two weeks wasted and had to start again. But never mind. After this little hiccup everything was done within 4 weeks and we were all set to exchange and complete and they caught up on themselves.

Then the problem came when the person who was purchasing my partners house, his solicitor was being extremely lazy and not returning any of our solicitor’s calls or messages. Nor was he in his office very much. He kept stating he would deal with the file tomorrow and tomorrow never came.

Anyway about two weeks went on like this, which was the stressful part but I can honestly say that I believe Countrywide Property Lawyers could not have done much more for us really.

They regularly contacted us and kept us up to date and they also harassed the purchaser’s solicitor to get it all to complete. When ever I was promised a call back I always received one and I was told everything that was happening.

I recommend CWPL because they were efficient, reliable and hard working and because they work on a no sale/purchase no fee basis they work harder than these ones who get their dosh anyway. They have to, to allow them to make money.

They started out in 1997, so still quite a young company. In 2003 they carried out over 86,000 transactions so they are obviously quite popular within the market place.

I also found their prices to be extremely reasonable and fair compared to most of the quotes I was getting from other Solicitors firms.

Go to www.cwpl.com for more information and bare them in mind for when you want to purchase or sell your next property.

I would definitely recommend them to people because of the service that I received. Although they cocked up slightly they turned it around and sorted the problems out and allowed me to move into my new home. I thank them very much.

Thanks for reading and have a nice evening

• lsdean published 23/07/2007
    You don't work for CPL's marketing department, do you? ;)
  • hugoantoniusvandenberg published 07/09/2006
    I find it hard to believe that this review is on the level...
  • JeffFromPoole published 07/07/2006
    I can only make my feeling known here. CWPL have been a total nightmare for us. Incompetant, lazy, slow, dishonest, untruthful and innefective are just a few words that come to mind. I can only think that either a) You have got the name of your conveyancers mixed up with CWPL or b) you work for them and are trying to repair an appaling reputation. I am angry with our estate agents for recomending CWPL, the whole business has taken a month longer than it needed and costs are still climbing. I hope anyone reading your review also reads the others, as I would hate anyone else to make the same mistake. I would like to see CWPL out of business and all their staff homeless and living rough, as nearly happened to us following their appaling service. Can't say too much as we will be taking them to court as soon as our sale and purchase is finally lais to rest.

Product Information : Countrywide Property Lawyers