Countrywide Property Lawyers

Countrywide Property Lawyers

Review of "Countrywide Property Lawyers"

published 25/08/2006 | Tiger_Dave
Member since : 23/07/2006
Pro After almost 2 years of dealing I still can't think of any
Cons I don't think Ciao's computer will be large enough to store the information!

"Countrywide Property Lawers (you gotta be joking)"

After being passed from pillar to post and council for licensed conveyancers (governing body) were unable to help. They passed me to the legal services ombudsman who were unable to help too!

I sent several emails to Terry Marris who is the Chairman of CPL. He kept fobbing me off and eventually said in a letter that he has closed the file and will ignore any future corredpondance from me.

I called their bluff and on 30th April 2007 issued a County Court claim. They had 14 days to respond. Suprisingly enough on the very last day I received a telephone call from CPL admitting liability and that they will settle my claim.

I have received a cheque for the amount claimd plus interest plus court costs.

If anybody else is considering doing this then do. It is very easy to do and can be done online.

I find it astonishing that this particular case took almost 2 years to resolve. What is the point of having governing bodies who can't help? The phrase toothless tiger comes to mind there.

• ex-cpl-staff-amused-by-review published 07/03/2007
    I am one of the people mentioned in your log of your dealings with CPL. Your review was forwarded to me by someone who is also mentioned in your log. I am so pleased to say, CPL and I parted company in November 2005 (the person who forwarded the review to me also escaped!) CPL DO NOT ALLOW THEIR STAFF TO DO THEIRS JOBS!!! It's quantity over quality, and i believe they treat their staff on a parr with the customers. While we are trying to sort out complex legal issues ... there are people wandering around the office screaming at us to "take more calls, there are calls queuing!" my bosses favourite phrase when we asked him how we were expected to actually get anything done, and what on earth are we supposed to tell the customers was "Well darlin, i'm afraid it's just a matter of JFDI again" (He meant 'just f*ing do it) The 12 months i spent working there was a humiliating experience. I know people who still work there, and i'm astounded to hear that it's gotten worse. Your review tickled me, i used to have to sit and listen all day every day to people in the same situation as you... I'm not saying for a moment that your situation was funny, i mean it's absolutely rediculous, and to read it back now, has bought back to me what a mickey mouse company they are. The Estate Agents hated us to, but faced losing their jobs if they didn't refer people (so i'm told) Anyways ..... i'd better get back to work - i have a proper job to do! ;o)
  • dreamscancometrue published 16/02/2007
    using these at the moment, what a bloomin nightmare there turning out to be.
  • liz1102 published 26/08/2006
    helpful to start with but the list of all your communications was totally unneccesary. A brief paragraph, if anything, could have sumed it up much better.

Product Information : Countrywide Property Lawyers