Review of "Cranked Black Gate Hinges - Pair"

published 30/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro They are good quality and well made and look good too
Cons None

"These are good hinges for the money"

Cranked Black Gate Hinges on my garden gate

Cranked Black Gate Hinges on my garden gate

On my back gate I have a pair of very nice cranked black gate hinges. I bought these in the medium 410mm size but they did come in larger or smaller sizes but the man in the ironmongers recommended this size for my paricular back gate. I needed something that was going to last and he told me that these are made of good qualtiy steel and are rust and corrosion resistant.

I paid £10 for the pair and they came with all the fittings such as the screws and everything else I needed to be able to fit them. The instructions were not very good on the pack but really it was very easy and common sense how to fit them. I like these black cranked gate hinges because they look good as well as being very sturdy and strong and they also match my black latch and my black bolt which I also have fitted to my back garden gate. They all match nicely and I am impressed with this.

The man in the shop told me that people also use these gate hinges on their field gates and garden gates in larger open spaces and that they are long lasting and durable. I do feel they were well worth the money and they seem to be lasting well and they are showing no signs of rust and not creaking at all when I open and close my gate and I am walking through my gate several time a day. I have never had to oil them like I had to with the last lot of hinges I had on my old gate and I have had them a few years now.

I am very pleased and impressed with my lovely black cranked garden hinges and I am very pleased I chose these particular ones.

I recommend these to you.