Advantages Good picture quality (relative to the specs), good price and performance
Disadvantages Old fashion
|Ease of Installation|
|Ease of use|
|Memory / capacity|
1. Creative Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT in brief…I know it’s a bit old, and I know also that almost no one will think of buying this product any more, however I’ve been using the TNT for a bit long time before I bought my new Graphics Card, so I felt like writing something about my old buddy.
• Interface: Either PCI or AGP (but in my case PCI, and honestly I don’t know the difference in the performance and stuff between both)
2. Product Specifications
3. Product Features
• Chipset highlights
o 128-bit wide graphics engine and frame buffer
o 180 million pixels/sec peak fill rate
o 6 million triangles/sec peak
o Large 12K on-chip cache
o 36 billion operations/sec pixel processing pipeline
• 3D features
o Optimized for Microsoft's Direct3D API
o Complete DirectX 6.0 support
o 100% hardware triangle setup
o Twin texel (TNT) 32-bit graphics pipeline
2 texture mapped, lit pixels per clock
Single pass multi-texturing support
DirectX 6.0 and OpenGL ICD
Square and non-square texture support
o Triangle Setup Engine
Setup hardware optimized for Microsoft's Direct3D API
o TextureBlend support examples:
o Per pixel perspective correct texture mapping
o 24-bit or 16-bit Z buffer (floating point or integer)
o 8-bit stencil buffer
o Anti-aliasing: full scene, order independent
• 2D features
o High performance 128-bit 2D/GUI/Direct Draw Acceleration
o Fast 32-bit VGA/SVGA support
o Multi-buffering (Double, Triple, Quad buffering) for smooth animation and video playback
• Video Support
o Video Acceleration for DirectShow, MPEG1 / MPEG2 and Indeo?Planar 4:2:0 and packed 4:2:2 Color Space Conversion
o X and Y smooth up and down scaling with filtering
o Per-pixel color keying
o Multiple video windows with hardware color space conversion and filtering
o Vertical and horizontal stretching
o Comprehensive AGP2X support
o Bus mastering DMA PCI interface
o 32-bit PCI version 2.1 or AGP version 1.0 with 2X data transfer and full sideband support
• The Card Itself (AGP or PCI)
• Some cables I can’t remember it function
• Some manuals and stuff
• The Driver CD
• Some other stuff I can’t really remember
• Bundled Software
o Forsaken® by Acclaim Entertainment
o Colorific® by Sonnetech, Ltd.
o 3DEEP by Sonnetech, Ltd.
Simply there is NO support for this product anymore, its is far beyond old for any support. But I think you can find the drivers of this product at the nVidia website, so don’t worry.
Following the manual you get, you can install this card very easy.
And here are some steps for you to install the card (supposing its PCI)
a. First check that the power is all gone from your PC, try removing the cables to be 100% sure.
b. Check whether you have a free PCI slot or the AGP slot, surely you have cuz where are the other slots gone and you don’t have anything 2 c yet.
c. Anyway, remove the card from its case and smoothly try to fit it in the PCI slot, its very easy, but check first if your case has certain covers to be removed or something.
d. After installing the card, close the case
e. When you are done with the screws, plug in the monitor and try to boot your PC
f. Its supposedly will work just fine, else, try to go away from your PC cuz it will eXPLODE ! just kidding, try just to check the installments.
g. Here you go
h. Very easy, isn’t it ?
8. Device Benchmark TestsSorry, but I didn’t do any benchmarks for this card, and I don’t have it to it for you. Also I tried to search the internet for benchmarks, but I can’t find any.
9. ProblemsDidn’t face any when I was using the card, however you have to have the updated version of the driver cuz the one on the CD make some problems.
10. PriceI don’t know its price now on the market, and I think it is not sold any more.
I don’t know, simply I was thinking of my old card when my new card gave me some problems, and how I was happy at that time I used it, so I wrote this review, you can like it or hate it, its up to you, but still you can spare me a minute and give me your opinion.
11. Why should I care?
My evaluation of the product is based on the time i purchased it, not now, so you can understand why I said that.
Good bye old card
13. Anything Else!
14. Sources Used in this documentMany website and the product manual, the one I know for sure is
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment