Creative Zen Mosaic 4GB

Creative Zen Mosaic 4GB

Portable Media Player

Review of "Creative Zen Mosaic 4GB"

published 14/03/2009 | lwa04lh28
Member since : 14/03/2009
Pro Built-in speakers, easy to use and durable player
Cons Permanently backlit display
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Look & Design
Video Quality
Range of Features

"Solid effort from Creative"

I am a big Creative fan, from getting my first mp3 player I had a Zen Micro, a Zen V+ and now the Zen Mosaic.

I decided I needed to get a new player after the little joystick knob on the V+ broke and immediately looked at the Mosaic as the new player on the market. There were several aspects of it that attracted me.

Firstly, the controls - unlike the Micro the buttons are push buttons which means that the player can be operated while wearing gloves and the lack of anything fancy like the control knob on the V+ meant that it seemed more robust.

Secondly, the speaker - unlike other Zen mp3 players the Mosaic has an in-built speaker and although it is never going to provide the best sound quality, it does mean that they player can be used without the need to buy a speaker set and it makes it incredibly portable.

The format of the player is very similar to that of other Zen mp3 players so if you've had another Zen then nothing will be a shock in terms of how to work it. The only thing that I've found which appears to be different is that the backlight seems to stay on the whole time. There might be an option to turn this off but it hasn't really bothered me enough to want to find out if there's a way to turn it off.

I also found that the range of compatible accessories is good for the Mosaic, I have the speakers and an armband for the gym.

Overall I'm very pleased with it, I'm not sure I like the look of it quite as much as the V+ but it does actually look better in person that from pictures on the internet. I'm not a hardcore music fan so 4GB is fine for me but if you want more than 8GB then you might be better picking another player. I can heartily recommend it though. Another solid mp3 player from Creative.

• Amy69 published 15/03/2009
    Welcome to Ciao. I was looking at this a little while ago xx
  • johnny040676 published 14/03/2009