Review of "Creme de la Mer Creme de la Mer Face Cream"

published 09/06/2008 | jazeepoe
Member since : 09/06/2008
Pro Balanced skin
Cons None
How easily is it absorbed?

"La mer works"

First the details: I am 31yrs old, started using skincare products when I was 19.Have tried almost All the available brands on the market.
My Skin: Is oily and prone to adult acne break outs. I am always trying to find the right cleanser and moisturiser combo, as I know oily skin is often made worse by not using the correct moisturizer.
The beginning of this year my skin changed from all over oily, to extremely dry (and Flaky) spots and a Very oily T-Zone. My doctor said this could be because of the medications I started taking due to an illness.
I was horrified, I am getting married in 4 weeks time and my skin was totally out of control!
My wonderful mom and three amazing bridesmaids gave me the La mer foaming facewash, crème de la mer moisturizer as an early kitchen tea (hen party) gift 3 weeks ago.
At first I was in a little intimidated by the product knowing how much the stuff costs, and all the instructions of how to use it correctly.
I have been using it now for just under 3 weeks, and I can't believe the difference in my skin!
All I can say is that my skin feels balanced for the 1 st time in my life. I used to wake up in the mornings with a very shiny oily face - no more! And the dry spots are gone!
I use my crème de la mer in the evenings as a night cream and eye cream, after washing with the face wash.
If it is not working for some people fair is fair, a lot of other good products didn't work for me either!
I went to go speak to one of the La Mer consultants after receiving the gift to discuss some of the negative stuff I read on the internet regarding La Mer not working. Here is some info:
1.) You MUST use it correctly - the crème looks thick and white at first until you warm it up.
2.) Do not rub it into your face - press it on
3.) Do not use too much at a time as will just waste it and clog your pores(talking about the crème)
4.) Some people are allergic to seaweed and sea kelp - so ask a consultant for a tester first
5.) Get the right product for your skin - the crème de la mer is not suited to all skin types! But they have a range of products for different skin types!
I will keep on using La Mer, even at twice the price!

• COOOEEE published 11/06/2008
    Welcome to Ciao. A good start but if you feel you would like to add or expand on the details in the review at any time in the future you can do this by pressing the edit link in the centre at the top of your review as you read it. . Fionaxx
  • manlybeach published 09/06/2008
    Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. Welcome to ciao xx