Crest Spinbrush KIDS

Crest Spinbrush KIDS

Toothbrush - Battery - For Kids - Cleaning Mode: Rotary-Oscillating - 1 Brushheads

Review of "Crest Spinbrush KIDS"

published 10/04/2012 | Rosebudwithredroses
Member since : 24/07/2005
Pro replace battery
Cons cant replace the head

"Fun designs - crest spinning battery powered toothbrush -"

=Crest SpinBrush=
My daughter is 9 and has had a selection of the battery toothbrushes over the last few years, we've just got her main brush as an Oral B rechargeable, but over the last 12 months with going away, and shes been away with the school and sleepovers, i haven't wanted to send her with her posh brush in case she loses it, and when I saw the Spin brush in our local Home Bargains for £2.49, I brought four of them, as I had previously seen them on Amazon at £12.99 each.

=Battery powered=
I was extremely impressed that these have replaceable batteries, they take 2 x AAA batteries, which are included, and to replace you need to unscrew the base, replace the batteries and screw the bottom back on.

=Designs=
We saw three designs available, one that looks a bit like a disney princess, a football and dolphin, we had to have all dolphins, after swimming with dolphins last year my daughter loves them, if it encourages her to clean her teeth who am I to complain.

=The Brush design=
The bottom of the brush is the design of dolphin, and shaped to make a handle, on this is the on/off switch, which reminds me of penny that has been embedded in, but my daughter says she finds it easy to turn on and off but maybe smaller fingers may need a hand, The top of the toothbrush has been cleverly designed that in the case of the dolphin it looks like his mouth is open and he is holding the toothbrush for you.

=The Toothbrush head=
There are two sets of bristles, both in a circular shape with the lower bristle being slightly smaller in size.

The bristles have a circular rotating motion, the bristles are small, there perfect for a childrens mouth. There is only a small buzzing noise with the brush, its quieter than most other brushes, but loud enough to hear that the toothbrush is working.

=Brush Heads=
Unfortunately the brush heads are non-replaceable, which to me feels odd as the batteries are replaceable, obviously paying £2.49 from Home Bargains, you don't mind as much, but if I was paying £12.99 as the "original" price, then I would be disappointed, as such this has lost the toothbrush one star on the review.

=Would I recommend=
I would highly recommend this toothbrush as a introduction into the range of battery / electric toothbrushes.

• pgn0 published 10/04/2012
    Strange indeed about replaceable batteries, yet an irreplaceable head... perhaps to do with the need to dispose of batteries separately from other parts of waste these days, rather than anything else?