Crocus.co.uk

Home & Garden

Review of "Crocus.co.uk"

published 04/09/2001 | BODTHEDOG
Member since : 03/09/2001
Pro Fast efficient service. Quality plants. Expert advice.
Cons None.

"FROM ALPINES TO WILDFLOWERS -"

They've got the lot. I couldn't believe the variety of plants on offer from this outstanding website. I've got a bit of an ongoing wish list of plants that I'd like to have, when I looked them up on Crocus they stocked practically all of them! That of course is the problem. If you are a plantaholic you could spend hours on this site just browsing and reading the descriptions of the gorgeous plants.

But, that's not all. They have also got a facility for you to find the right plant for the right place in your garden. This is invaluable for those that are new to gardening, or perhaps have a new garden. There are plenty of planting ideas too. You can buy ready made borders or look at plants that make good partners. They have even got a design service. What I find most useful is the Help Desk section.

There are "plant doctors" who will answer any question you may have on any aspect of gardening. This is fantastic and free! How many of you have listened to gardeners question time, hoping that someone there will ask a question about a problem that you have also got. On this site you can just e-mail the plant doctors and they will give you advice on anything. No query is too small and you always receive an e-mail back within 24 hours. I've had good advice on pruning, roving bamboo, roses for pots, grape vines and more.

I have also managed to order plants from crocus (it was difficult to decide on a selection. The plants that I ordered came quickly, and on a crocus lorry. (I felt like I was on Groundforce). The delivery man was pleasant and helpful and even carried the plants around to the garden. The standard of the plants was excellent with plenty of lush new growth and good root systems. They were soon planted and have done well in the few months that they have been in.

I have to say that for anyone who is nervous about parting with cash for unseen on-line plants, fear not! These plants were as good if not better that any I have seen in garden centres.

• BNibbles published 04/09/2001
    Welcome to CIAO. Interesting stuff - I think you got the balance between brevity and detail just about right. Chris
  • Oliy published 04/09/2001