Crocus mealworm feeder

Crocus mealworm feeder

Review of "Crocus mealworm feeder"

published 30/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro Fits together nicely, it's adustable and the birds love it a lot
Cons Nothing

"This is a very good bird feeder for the mealworms"

Crocus mealworm feeder in my back garden

Crocus mealworm feeder in my back garden

I have a lovely mealworm feeder, which I bought online from a company called Crocus. I have used this company before and I knew they sold good quality equipment for garden wildlife and birds. It was reduced from £14.99 to £9.99 so I think I got this for a very fair price. I like to feed all the wild birds and attract them to my back garden and I know they love to eat mealworms and I buy these in for them especially and I also feed these to my little chickens up at my allotment so there are always a lot of spare ones for them.

I use this mealworm feeder for both the dried mealworms and also I like to give them fresh ones too. If I don’t have any fresh ones then I just soak the dried worms in a small pot of water and leave them for a little while until they soak up the water into their little bodies and they become nice and plum and juicy for the birds.

I like this mealworm feeder because the dome part of it which is made of strong and good quality plastic is see through and clear and I can easily move it to change it so that either the smaller or the larger birds can feed easily from the feeder compartment. I also like the little feed tray because it is micro-mesh and I think that this keeps the food I put out for the birds lovely and fresh and dry.

This mealworm feeder has been approved by the Birdcare Standards Association and the British trust for Ornithology and I am pleased that I chose this one. I do clean it out every now and again and as the parts come apart easily and fit back together again I find I can do this without any bother at all. I have it hanging from my bird feeder station in my back garden and even though I have had it for a few years now it hasn’t cracked at all in the cold weather or the hot sunshine.

This is a lovely little mealworm feeder and the birds love it too and I recommend it t you.

• Coloneljohn published 13/05/2012
    Nice one. John

Product Information : Crocus mealworm feeder

Mealworm feeder for feeding fresh dried mealworms and many other feeds. The moveable clear dome allows you to regulate the size of birds that can use the feeder. the micro-mesh feed tray helps keep the food dry and fresh. Approved by the Birdcare Standards Association and the British trust for Ornithology.

Manufacturer: Crocus