Review of "Crystal Clear Skin Solutions Crystal Polish"

published 03/07/2010 | danielalong
Member since : 14/10/2005
Pro Good exfoliator
Cons tad pricey
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Crystal clear skin"

Crystal Clear Polish

With summer rapidly approaching I decided to give my skin some tlc and try to get rid of the winter pallor. After browsing around I decided on this one, not because it promised anything different to other similar products but because I liked the tub!

However, that aside, when I did a bit of reading about the products, they do seem to have a bit of a preoccupation with what the stars would like, and promise to use science based ingredients at high percentages and crushed precious stones, in all their skin care products I do quite like this promise of natural ingredients and am expecting wonders!

**So, the specific promises…**
I see and hear a lot about microdermabrasion treatments when I read celebrity magazines and on some programmes, and they always look a tad painful. However, in for a penny and all that because this is going to give me just that at home. The micro-crystals and the precious stone garnet givethe microdermabrasion effect that will leave my skin feeling super-smooth and refined whilst something called Matrixyl 3000 enhances the anti-ageing effect.

In effect, this nice tub is going to give me advanced exfoliation, polish my skin and be anti ageing.

**Product and Packaging…**

The product comes in a black box with some information on how to use the product on the back. When I open it up, there is a large clear tub which looks like glass but which is in fact plastic, containing 150ml of the product. I unscrew the white lid to take a peek at the product and it’s fairly uninspiring! A kind of yellowy sand colour and in fact, with those small exfoliating bits on show, it does look a bit like damp sand. I don’t know where all the citrus and grapefruit smells have gone because I can’t smell them. There is no real distinctive smell; all I can comment on is that it doesn’t smell fruity or floral, and this I like because it makes me think that it will do its job without masking with pretty smells. When I dip my finger into the product, even though it looks quite solid, it does instantly, even in this form, feel quite creamy but I can definitely feel those abrasive bits.

There is also inside the box a fine cloth which should be used when a more intense clean is needed.

**Using it…**

The instructions tell me to use daily on a cleansed face using circular motions. This does surprise me because I was expecting the instructions to tell me to apply to damp skin, but no, it seems I have to apply it to dry skin, which brings visions of sand paper to mind. However, when I read further I find that the cloth is to be used when the face is dry to exfoliate the skin just that little bit more.

I apply it to my face and found that after a few usages, I was quite pleasantly surprised. Yes, I can feel the granules but they are very fine and don’t tear at my skin, although the first few times I used it, I did dampen my skin first and use my fingers. However, I have since used it on dry skin with the clothe and it wasn’t at all abrasive.

**Price and Availability…

Available in specialist stores and online this costs £32. It seems pricey but a little bit really does go a long way and this has lasted me for a couple of months and there is still plenty left- maybe I just don’t use enough

**Verdict…**

Well, I would be lying if I said that my skin looked like the super pampered stars but it is really clean and skin texture has improved. I also look a bit more glowing but this could be due to the excessive exfoliation- usually these type of products don’t recommend daily usage. It does make my skin feel tighter but without drying it out and I am convinced that open pores are reducing. Not so sure on the anti ageing but I am a bit cynical about these claims.

If you like to exfoliate skin, then I would recommend this for a really frsh clean daily feeling. It caused no adverse reactions and after use I didn’t look bright red and sore.

A good exfoliator although I now use it every other day in case I peel off layers of skin- I am quite sure the stars don’t have these treatments at the salon every day.

Thanks for reading

Daniela x

• paulpry118 published 04/07/2010
    It's a bit expensive
  • IzzyS published 04/07/2010
    At first I thought this product was actually for polishing crystals *doh* lol good review.
  • LAURALILIA published 04/07/2010
    It is nice to pamper oneself from time to time!