Cuprinol hardwood furniture oil

Cuprinol hardwood furniture oil

Review of "Cuprinol hardwood furniture oil"

published 06/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro It is very easy to use and not badly priced
Cons Nothing at all
Drying Time Duration

"This has made my garden bench look lovely"

Cuprinol hardwood furniture oil, my bench looks lovely

Cuprinol hardwood furniture oil, my bench looks lovely

I have some lovely exterior garden furniture oil from Cuprinol. I paid £13.50 for a one-litre tin. I have used this on my garden bench. I have an old garden bench in my back garden and I have it under the tree next to my Buddha. The sun gets here it’s a bit of a trap and I like to sit out with the cats. The trouble is the cats like to scratch it and sharpen their claws on the wood and I can’t stop them because that’s what cats tend to do.

I asked the man in the shop what he thought was best to make it look nice again and he suggested Cuprinol Garden furniture oil so I bought a tin. He said it would protect the bench for longer than if I just used ordinary teak oil so I took his advice.

It is very easy to do. I have some old nighties in the shed which I have shredded and I used these to paint over the bench. I did this when the weather was nice recently but I had to put the cats inside first in case they got covered in it.

I put on two very light coats of the furniture oil but I let the first coat sink right into the wood before I pt on the second coat, that is how he explained it to me. You can get the clear oil in this range or the tinted, I got the tinted because I wanted to try to restore the bench back to what it had looked like originally. I think it looks lovely now.

After I had put on the first light coat with the rags I did that again. I came inside to let it sink in and kept the cats with me. I went out later and put on the third coat with one of my brushes.

I think it made the bench come up looking lovely and I really am fond of the shade. I wish I had taken a picture of the bench before I had painted it so you could see the difference it made. It looks far better and nearly new.

I like this solution because it is also meant to repel the water and I get a lot of rain where I live and I also think it brought out the wood grains lovely as well.

I am very pleased with my efforts and my neighbour has also admired it and said what a good job I have done.

This is lovely oil and I recommend it to you.

• dawnymarie published 06/04/2012
    Your bench does look lovely! x

Product Information : Cuprinol hardwood furniture oil

Cuprinol Hardwood Garden Furniture Oil is a high performance treatment for teak and other hardwood. It has a special formulation that provides longer lasting protection than traditional Teak Oil and works in 3 ways.Waxes increase the water repellency of the woodprotecting it from the weather.Oils penetrate to replace the natural oils lost through weatheringThe natural clear or lightly tinted colours enhance the grain pattern and appearance.Regular application will help prevent the wood from greyingand maintain the original appearance of your garden furniture.How to applyNew wood: Apply 2 light coats with a rag, allowing the first coat to penetrate before applying the second coat.Weathered wood: Apply one coat of Cuprinol Hardwood Garden Furniture Oil liberally with a brush, wipe off surplus after 15 minutes and apply a second light coat with a rag.

Manufacturer: Cuprinol