Currys Essentials CBCONX10

Currys Essentials CBCONX10

Oven - Built In - Energy Efficiency: A - Fuel Type: Electric - Width: 59.5 cm - Height: 59.5 cm

Review of "Currys Essentials CBCONX10"

published 11/05/2011 | travellingsam
Member since : 11/05/2011
Pro cheap as chips. Should have figured. Buy cheap = buy twice.
Cons the components are cheap and nasty and break very quickly
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

""Cr*p from Korea" were the words of my electrician!"

Terrible product, terrible warranty service. They basically sabotaged the whole process of fixing this oven. I bought in september, by christmas it had broken (elements both gone) and currys wouldn't be out for three weeks to fix. being christmas I fixed it myself, for more than the price of the oven. One month later the thermostat went. curry's said that because I had replaced the elements the warranty was invalidated, but my electrician is fully certified and more highly qualified than the guy who is supposed to come to fix the oven. I wrote to complain and they offered me £50 in vouchers by way of compensation. To redeem the voucher I need about 7 pieces of ID, which is truly ridiculous. My electrician was prepared to go to the small claims court for me but honestly, is it worth it? I bought a new, branded oven through my electrician which is covered for 12 months. So I've learnt my lesson! A cheap oven is never a winner! If you're poor, for pete's sake get something temporary to cook with and save for a proper oven!

• sandemp published 11/05/2011
    Nice rant but not a review