Cuticura Anti-Bacterial Hand Hygiene Gel

Cuticura Anti-Bacterial Hand Hygiene Gel

Hand Cream, Hand Wash

Review of "Cuticura Anti-Bacterial Hand Hygiene Gel"

published 05/12/2005 | welshgal17
Member since : 26/02/2005
Pro no water needed, no towel, kills 99.9% of Bacteria, small
Cons none i can think of
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Soap and water? Not for me!"

After a recommendation of this product from my sister a few months ago, I decided to invest in a bottle of my own. The product is:
CUTICURA ANTI-BACTERIAL HAND HYGIENE GEL.
Before using this product, I'd never encountered Cuticura and so I was a bit wary of buying it as I'd never even heard the name of the company before. So I decided to do a bit of detective work and as in any of my typical reviews I have included a bit of background information on the company behind the product.

CUTICURA?
I was quite surprised to find out that Cuticura date all the way back to 1865 - a whopping 140 years old! They are an American company that were among the first to sell medicated soaps in America. They now have a wide range of other products in the Cuticura range available in the UK which include facial scrubs, miracle moisturiser, Moisture Crème, Dry Skin Lotion, Sensitive Beauty Fluid, Hand wash, and Anti-Bacterial Soap. But back to the review and product in hand.

APPEARANCE
The bottle I have before me is small, only 100ml, although there is a larger 250ml bottle available and a citrus edition, but the smaller bottle is more useful as it is meant to be portable and easy to carry around with you at any time. The bottle itself is clear (as is the gel inside) with a blue flip top lid that stops any spillages occurring. The labeling is clear, concise and straight to the point, telling the consumer only the information they need to know.

APPLICATION
The appearance of the 'gel' is deceiving. Flip open the blue cap and squeeze a bit out and you'll see what I mean. The so called gel turns to liquid as soon as it hits your hand! For this reason it is best to starting rubbing over your palms, fingers and backs of hands straight away to avoid it dripping onto your clothes. The gel is not sticky at all and feels just like water. Keep rubbing until dry and voila - fresh and germ free hands in a matter of seconds! Don't wash it off as I was tempted to the first time or you'll have wasted your time. Its meant to be left on.

One thing you'll notice about the gel is its smell. The smell reminds me strongly of cucumber and can be smelt strongly just opening the bottle. But not to worry! The smell lingers on your hands for around half an hour before it starts to fade but the smell is fresh and pleasant.

I have really sensitive skin and expected the product to give me some reaction but the gel is very refreshing and the only reaction I get is when someone touches my hands and exclaims how soft they feel!

SO DOES IT REALLY WORK?
Well, it claims to kill 99% of germs in 15 seconds and many websites I've looked at have confirmed this fact in laboratory tests. My hands feel thoroughly refreshed when I use it so I'd say it definitely does do what it says.

WHEN TO USE IT
The gel can be used at any time. I use it just when I feel my hands need refreshing, maybe after eating something sticky also when I've been working in the kitchen in University all day and my hands don't feel clean. Cuticura also recommend using it on bus journeys, at work or outdoors- anywhere where soap and water are not readily available by any age. It's great to use when on the go as you don't need anything but the bottle in your hand to give you 99.9% clean, fresh smelling, soft hands.

WHERE TO BUY IT
I got my bottle from Boots for only £1.29 which I think is an absolute bargain and well worth my money. According to Cuticura's website you can buy the gel at all good supermarkets and pharmacies, and it is also available on some of the online chemists websites if you have a good look around.

So to sum it up …..
GO BUY IT! The gel is really amazing and for only £1.29 it's a bargain you cant miss. Its lasted me a long time - I haven't even used half the bottle and I've had it for 3 months now.

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Ooh just before I forget, here's Cuticura's UK website if you'd like to find out more:

Thanks for reading.
© Welshgal17, 2005

• nursie_nursie published 21/12/2006
    I use this it is handy to have in your bag incase you can't wash your hands before eating or if you feel a bit germ covered! Good review.
  • fabfrog5 published 12/02/2006
    great review! i actually like the smell of cucembers! sounds like a good handy product! :) x
  • donnabroom published 09/02/2006
    A great review. I might get myself a bottle of this to keep in my handbag. Donna x

Product Information : Cuticura Anti-Bacterial Hand Hygiene Gel

Hand Cream, Hand Wash

Long Name: Anti-Bacterial Hand Hygiene Gel, Antibacterial Original Hand Hygiene Gel

Type: Hand Cream, Hand Wash

Manufacturer: Cuticura

EAN: 5012008300001

Listed on Ciao since: 05/12/2005

Cuticura Anti-Bacterial Hand Hygiene Gel - Review - Soap and water? Not for me!
Home > Beauty > Body > Creams & Treatments > Cuticura Anti-Bacterial Hand Hygiene Gel > Reviews

welshgal1... 5

welshgal17

About me: ♥ thank you for reading and rating! more reviews coming soon! shocked I got money from the premium fund - thanks ciao!! ♥♥

Member since:26.02.2005

Soap and water? Not for me!

05.12.2005

Advantages:
no water needed, no towel, kills 99 . 9% of Bacteria, small

Disadvantages:
none i can think of

How does it affect your skin?

Does it smell good?Yes

How easily is it absorbed?Fast absorbed

Why did you buy it?Recommendation, Low price

Value for moneyExcellent

2. 0112358
  3. burns2007
  1. stepho222
  2. bawney123

CUTICURA ANTI-BACTERIAL HAND HYGIENE GEL.

CUTICURA?
I was quite surprised to find out that Cuticura date all the way back to 1865 - a whopping 140 years old! They are an American company that were among the first to sell medicated soaps in America. They now have a wide range of other products in the Cuticura range available in the UK which include facial scrubs, miracle moisturiser, Moisture Crme, Dry Skin Lotion, Sensitive Beauty Fluid, Hand wash, and Anti-Bacterial Soap. But back to the review and product in hand.

APPEARANCE

APPLICATION

SO DOES IT REALLY WORK?

WHEN TO USE IT

WHERE TO BUY IT
I got my bottle from Boots for only 1.29 which I think is an absolute bargain and well worth my money. According to Cuticura's website you can buy the gel at all good supermarkets and pharmacies, and it is also available on some of the online chemists websites if you have a good look around.

So to sum it up ..
GO BUY IT! The gel is really amazing and for only 1.29 it's a bargain you cant miss. Its lasted me a long time - I haven't even used half the bottle and I've had it for 3 months now.

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Thanks for reading.
Welshgal17, 2005

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

nursie_nursie 21.12.2006 16:20