Cuticura Mildly Medicated Talcum Powder

Cuticura Mildly Medicated Talcum Powder

Baby Cream/Talc/Oil

Review of "Cuticura Mildly Medicated Talcum Powder"

published 19/12/2010 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Works well on minor skin irritations
Cons None at all, I think this is great stuff!
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Cuticura for mild skin relief?"

I am not a talc fan. Occasionally I will get some but I always tend to get into a mess with the stuff and end up resembling a snowman and my clothes get hit with a white dusty residue that I simply hate!

However from time to time I get itchy skin and when I spotted this in Boots I thought it was worth a go and so got me some lol.

Now let me clarify before I continue I have no skin conditions that I am aware of, just generally and from time to time feel slightly itchy. Sure a good scratch puts it right but I wanted something to use after a bath or shower that would sooth and smooth me slightly and so this seemed a good idea to me at least!

The Packaging:

75g white and navy coloured plastic cylinder tub and to the top of it, it has a salt and pepper style shaker which twists around to turn it on and off (so to speak). On the front of the tub I am told that it is Cuticura 'For healthy skin' Mildly Medicated Talcum Powder 'cools, sooths & comforts' and the size is stated. On the back of the tub other information listed includes being told bit about the product, ingredients are listed and contact details for Keyline Brands Limited (the manufacturer of the product) are listed. It's a nice enough informative tub which is functional rather than pretty.

Using It:

Well on the back of the tub we are told to dust it between toes and on feet after showering or bathing to help with excessive perspiration and that it contains allantoin which helps soothe minor skin irritations and discomfort caused by simple heat rash or sunburn and that its very good for babies after bathing and every nappy change. In short this is great for family use and is ideal for every day use and all over the body.

The talcum powder itself is very fine and pure white in colour. It is mildly fragrant and I was expecting a medicated smell but didn't get one. To me it smells lightly floral but really not one bit heavy or anything but simply subtle, fresh and clean smelling really. It sprinkles out of the tub with ease but finely and not one bit dusty but a bit dense and it smooths into the skin with incredible ease and no fuss at all.

Skin feels really soft when this has been applied and providing your not heavy handed with it, it blends easily and as I only use a little during applying it I find I can dress immediately after using this with no residue hitting anything at all that it shouldn't.

The positive aspect to this is not only does it give soft and smooth skin and a delicate fragrance for a good couple of hours but also that I can't feel it clogging up my pores and it really does soothe skin problems with ease. I have used this after sunbathing (I live by the sea) and I have used this at night on my agitated itchy skin and hot and tired feet and it does seem to cool skin without making it feel cold or weird and I have to say on my itchies it works brilliant so no more scratching for me!

All in all I think this is a great talcum powder and believe me, usually I'm not one bit of a fan like I pointed out earlier in this review but this is more of a skin treatment and now lives in my bathroom cabinet for emergencies as its so versatile!

Expect to pay about £1.50 for my size tub in places like Boots though I have seen this product in a 250g sized tin as well and it is on Amazon for £4.09!

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• xxfoxyredxx published 06/01/2011
    Thank you Dee lol x Lol Lady! Good for you hun x Johnsons has its place in my life too! Oh right didnt know there was a link Cat! Nice eh Marta ! I like it and all! xx
  • Deesrev published 21/12/2010
    Another fun review of a practical product :D x
  • ladybracknell published 19/12/2010
    Despite being well stricken in years, I'm still a Johnson's Baby!

offers "Cuticura Mildly Medicated Talcum Powder"