Cymex Cream for Cold Sores

Cymex Cream for Cold Sores

Triple action formula- soothes tingling- stops cracking lips- controls infection

Review of "Cymex Cream for Cold Sores"

published 16/03/2012 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro It works very well, not too expensive
Cons Nothing really
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Cymex - You can't Beat It"

We have been using Cymex Cream in our house for ages now. Both me and my other half seem to suffer from dry cracked and chapped lips and the occasional cold sore. Last time I bought a tube of this was from Boots and I paid around £3.50. It’s a small tube, comes in a fairly bright yellow packaging, but the tube lasts for ages, despite it looking like it’s only going to last you a few days, as you only need to apply a small amount to get excellent results. I personally really rate this cream as it prevents infection, it eases and comforts my dry cracked lips and also it sooths my lips when I feel that familiar tingling of a cold sore approaching.

The active ingredients in this little tube are Urea BP (1.0% w/w), dimeticone 350 BPc (9.0% w/w), cetrimide BP (0.1% w/w). I can’t speak how these ingredients magically work together to give execellent results for me personally in preventing cold sores, and easing the my dry chapped lips, but I can only speak from a personal point of view and say that this stuff really does work incredibly well.

The cream feels a little bit on the greasy and slimy side when I first apply it but this soon disappears as it quickly sinks in and is absorbed nicely. It immediately gives a cooling and soothing feeling to my lips and I can actually feel it doing them some good almost instantly.

In cold windy weather, especially when riding my bike to work, I am prone to my lips drying out and then cracking at the sides of my mouth. This can be incredibly painful. I used to use good old Vaseline as a barrier method (amongst other things) but I have found that Cymex Cream actually does a much better job. Also, if my lips are already dry, cracked and bleeding at the corners, if I dab a bit of this on before I go out on the bike, I find it really does a good job at preventing the problem from becoming any worse and also prevents any infections from starting up as I was prone to with the Vaseline method.

Overall, I really do rate this cream very highly. It’s in the medium price bracket, I feel, but certainly worth every penny as a good prevention cream and also an excellent way to keep dry cracked lips at bay.

• Coloneljohn published 28/03/2012
    Nice one. John

offers "Cymex Cream for Cold Sores"