Daewoo DTH 2881 -100D

Daewoo DTH 2881 -100D

16:9 - 28 in - 100 Hertz - Stereo - with Real Flat Screen

Review of "Daewoo DTH 2881 -100D"

published 26/03/2006 | JeffFromPoole
Member since : 21/12/2005
Pro Great picture, reasonable price
Cons Bulky, only one scart socket
Picture Playback
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"The biggest small telly I have ever had"

Picture Playback
The picture quality is amongst the best I have seen on a CRT TV. The screen is a true flat one and colour reproduction is very true to life. My digital photos look very true to life when displayed on it.

Sound Quality
There are bult in stereo speakers which give quite acceptable sound. Ours is connected to a Sanyo home cinema system, which we use when watching DVDs, when watching the news we don't bother with the 5.1 and it is clear and loud enough, even for the mother in law, who is getting a little hard of hearing these days.

Ease of Use
Not sure about this setting, you switch it on, the remote takes over, there is nothing to worry about.

Ease of Installation
This was great, we plugged it in, switched it on and it automatically tuned itself to the terrestial channels and the cable TV box. once all th channels were found you thne get the option to change the order of the channels, then save. installation took about three minutes, I was still unwrapping the instruction book when it finished!

Instructions
You don't really need these, they are fairly well written, especially if you compare them to a lot of far eastern electronics. Having set it up I found that I have worked most of it out for myself.

Range of Features
Fast text, AV switching options, only one scart socket, sleep timer, all the usual features. nothing that is really unecessary.

This TV is nearly two years old now, and has not missed a beat and we watch a lot of TV. I'm sure it would break if dropped from an upper storey window, but Keith Moon os not likely to visit any time soon.

We paid less than £250 for this so 10 out of 10 for value.

• katygriff published 29/03/2006
    It looks very nice indeed. x
  • basboy138 published 28/03/2006