Daihatsu Cuore

Daihatsu Cuore

Hatchback - Petrol

Review of "Daihatsu Cuore"

published 28/12/2003 | lilly1980
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"A nippy little car"

In some respects this is a perfect car. Group two insurance so even fully comp is accessible. Low tax 847cc engine. You can park in the smallest of spaces.

Though saying that, it doesn't mean that you can open the door enough to get out on 3door version. I must admit the jeers from people take a little getting used to. I used to put it down to the fact that it is unusual.

For a little car it was hard to fault, mine with the added bonus of spoiler and alloy wheel and metallic paint it is nice car to look at. Fair enough it is slow on hills but recoups really quickly, you just need to learn the car as you would with any other. Fuel economy is also very good.

From my experence though this car is not made for distance driving, it is ment for nipping around town centres, though performs exellently on a run. The comfortless interior relects this. The boot though small is adequate, and ample for shopping trips

I found it an ideal car when I'd just passed my test. The one thing that take a bit of getting used to being a japanese car is the wiper and lights are on the opposite side.

I feel the only down side to this car is the cost of parts. Having myself payied £107 plus postage for a lower arm. You can not fault the company, having taken my car to the main dealer at several times during ownership, you couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful service, which of course being main dealer itself costs. Faults where difficult for a garage dealing with many cars to pick up, and believe it or not even a car this size has an onboard computer which only a main dealer can access.

The cost to purchase this car varies quite a lot, my S reg had a value of £1750. It is cheaper than its rivals Daewoo matiz and fiat Cizentio.

Over all. If you want a car that is cheap to run, then this is for you.

• magicloudz published 29/12/2003
    I've never heard of this one!:) -Jon
  • helencbradshaw published 28/12/2003
    Well its cheap to run, but I still wouldnt want one...need something a bit bigger and sturdier!
  • Bigbaz published 28/12/2003
    Sorry but I still dont know to much about it..Baz