Review of "Daily Mail"

published 29/04/2001 | LynneB
Member since : 29/04/2001
Good
Pro Some offers if you want to pay postage
Cons Not free as advertised

"'Free' offers from the Mail"

I am sick and tired of the mail, (which, by the way, is a paper that I enjoy) advertising so-called free offers, only to find out that i have to send off and pay a small fortune in postage. Recently there has been a spatge of 'free' plant offers which seem to me to be a thinly disguised advertising ploy by Thompson and Morgan. The same applies to their recent 'everyone's a winner'. If I had sent off for the iron cast toy, plants etc that were free, I would have spent over £10 in postage. Not very free in my book. I wish that they would stick to the offers such as the free magazines, which really are free. Other than this, it's a great paper.

• MJRules published 29/04/2001
    Sorry again just realised this was your first opinion and i was being a bit harsh, so i upped the rating. Enjoy writting and good luck. Mario
  • MJRules published 29/04/2001
    Sorry again just realised this was your first opinion and i was being a bit harsh, so enjoy writting and good luck. Mario
  • gander published 29/04/2001
    I entirely agree with the "Free" having to pay postage, but even so, I like talking books, and getting one for 50 or 60p insted of up to £8.00 is quite a saving, also they quite often sell additional ones at two for the price of one, and postage of the free one is then not required.

offers "Daily Mail"