Review of "Danone Actimel Yogurt Drink"

published 24/11/2009 | D_i_a_n_e
Member since : 15/08/2009
Pro Tastes great, for me it is effective
Cons none
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Coconut flavour yogurt"

A pack of 8 bottles

A pack of 8 bottles

My favourite Danone Actimel is the Coconut flavoured. I started to drink it when I was pregnant as I had some problems with my digestion.

About Danone Actimel
--------------------------------
It is said that it is a scientifically proven product that helps support your body's defences. Actually it is a kind of yogurt that has no fruit pieces in it just flavoured. It contains L.casei Imunitass which is a unique bacteria that helps to top up the good bacteria. For more information visit www.actimel.co.uk
It is available in 13 different flavours:
- Raspberry fat free
- Strawberry fat free

Price and package
-----------------------
Usually I do the shopping in Sainsbury's but my favourite Actimel is not available there so I buy them in Tesco. I buy two packs of 8 for 4 pounds. My husband drinks it only occasionally but I drink it every day. The Danone Actimel is packed in little white plastic bottles. The bottles are not transparent at all. There are 100 g of yogurt in a bottle. They are sealed with a silver foil (I think it is made of aluminium). There are packs of 4 or 8 but when they are on offer you can se packs of 12 as well.

The coconut Actimel
---------------------------
Actually it is very similar to the other ones the only difference to the original is its coconut taste. It is odd white coloured and thin as a drinking yogurt. The lovely taste of the coconut can be felt very well. I really love it.

Ingredients
---------------
Yogurt, Skimmed milk, Sugar/liquid sugar (sucrose: 8.9%), Coconut (1.5%), Dextrose, Stabilisers (modified tapioca starch, pectin, guar gum, xanthan gum, carrageenan), flavouring, Acidity regulators (citric acid, calcium citrate), L.casei cultures.

Contains milk. Suitable for the family, from the age of 3 upwards. Suitable for vegetarians.

My opinion
----------------
I am lactose intolerant but I can drink the Danone Actimel without any trouble. I wouldn't recommend trying it if you suffer from lactose intolerancy I just say that for me and my husband doesn't cause any trouble. Actually I found that it helps my digestion. Since I drink it I don't have to take any laxative pills. It is affordable and tastes really good. As it is available in fat free version too and 10 other flavours you can surely find your favourite one.
Summary: I recommend you if you like the taste of coconut, otherwise try another flavour.

• paulpry118 published 25/11/2009
    I've tried the Cheery ones but never tried this flavour
  • sarima published 25/11/2009
    Iv tried these on and off - lactose intolerant aswell but I didn't have trouble. I didnt know they did coconut flavour will look for it in tesco nxt time! thnx 4 the review
  • mrbing10 published 25/11/2009
    i do like coconut flavoured things :)