Flavoured, Low Fat, Probiotic

Review of "Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Bio Yogurt"

published 23/11/2009 | Amy69
Member since : 28/05/2007
Pro taste, price, texture
Cons /
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Peachy perfect?"

Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Bio Yogurt

When it comes to peach flavoured yoghurts, I am incredibly fussy. As far as smooth yoghurts are concerned, I will eat any. Though if the yoghurt has 'bits' in, I have my preferences. Peach yoghurts can often be too tough or the pieces can be too big, and I had yet to find a perfect option. Though when I discovered the Activia single pot of peach yoghurt, I was incredibly keen to try.

The single pots from Activia are reasonably new on the market, and come in four flavours: peach, strawberry, cherry and raspberry. The peach option was the last one I tried and I did have high hopes for it as the three previous options were truly delicious. The pot comes in the same bowl shaped green colour with the activia logo all over the label to highlight the fact that you are getting a good quality product. There is also a picture of a peach on the top to show you what the flavour is.

Removing the lid you will find that the yoghurt does have a delicious peach aroma, enough to tempt you further if nothing else. The yoghurt itself is quite a dark peachy colour, unlike most which are pale. Through it I could see some dark yellow pieces which were of course the pieces of peach.

Taking a spoon I shovelled some yoghurt into my mouth. Straight away I was excited at how deliciously creamy it was. It was just as exciting as the other three yoghurts as far as the texture of the yoghurt was concerned - very cool and creamy. Chewing into a piece of peach, I was delighted with the fact that they were quite juicy and not tough in the slightest, a nice size too. As far as the flavour of the yoghurt is concerned, well that was lovely too! It isn't too sugary sweet, though it isn't tangy either - Activia has succeeded in finding that happy medium! It is truly delicious and well worth try.

Living up to the other Activia products, this is also quite healthy. Each 165g pot contains around 100 calories and 0.2g fat. That really is truly wonderful, and is not going to do you any damage at all! It is also a great source of calcium so it will help keep your bones strong and healthy.

The pot itself is a great shape and size so it can be slotted into a lunchbox and taken out with you - just remember a spoon! It is also good for arts and crafts after the yoghurt has been eaten and the pot is washed out. Let your imagination run wild and see what you can come up with! The peach yoghurt would also go well with peach slices, as opposed to cream. It is truly that delicious!

I paid just 50p for my pot of yoghurt, though this is a promotional price and they are more likely to go up to about 65p. Though even that is a great price. I must say though, I prefer the peach option from Muller Light - its more tasty, healthier and more filling. However this is a nice alternative and did make a tasty change. It is definitely one I will have now and again. If you are looking for a delicious peach yoghurt then this is worth the try.

Amy 2009