Darjeeling (India)

Darjeeling (India)

Review of "Darjeeling (India)"

published 18/05/2017 | adender
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"charming place"

Darjeeling was to me as charming as before with its parades of pines and tea estates and the small lake inside and clouds decidedly blowing over my body and the mountaineering institute with the valiant statue of Tensing Norgey. I should humbly admit that I have been in love with this hill and separation from it pains me.

Destination :
Situated in the north of West Bengal, a state of India, and situated to the eastern extension of the Lower Himalayas with Tibet as one of its border.
Climate : Thanks to the monsoons of every year Darjeeling experiences rainfall from mid-June to early September. Winter provides extreme cold and in some places including the Mall snowfall occurs leaving the rest of the year a pleasant weather.

Season : March to early June ; September to November. Serious tourist are not afraid of moving to this hill station between December to February.
Access :
Airways : Bagdogra is the nearest airport which is connected with the international airport of Kolkata.
Railways : Darjeeling is the railway station which receives and returns a toy train famous with the acknowledgment of the UNESCO as one element of the World Heritage from and to NewJalpaigurii which is connected by railway with Kolkata and Delhi everyday.
Roadways : It is connected with Siliguri which has links with the national highway of India.

Accommodation :
Deluxe and Luxury lodges and hotels are in plenty and hotels are there to receive people of different economic cross-sections.
Cuisines :
Indian and contental varieties are available always. Chinese and South Indian dishes are preferred by many.

I can remember I have chanced to witness the brilliant Kanchenjunga magnificently colored and at a time brightly golden on receipt of the sunrays of the dawn. My heart danced with joy when I recalll the lash green valleys of the Darjeeling hills and suddenly the small and dear toy train passing through the loop at Ghum, the highest railway station in our country.
Recently again Darjeeling has again developed unrest and violence has become the buzzing word. Let me expect that the situation will change and we shall again be able to visit Darjeeling peacefully and happily.

• 1st2thebar published 19/05/2017
    Read about the site to get an idea what's required.
  • Secre published 19/05/2017
    Welcome to Ciao!
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 19/05/2017
    A little short, works as a plan and promising start

Product Information : Darjeeling (India)

Listed on Ciao since: 20/02/2004