Dartmoor Rosettes

Dartmoor Rosettes

Horse Show & Events Equipment - Equestrian

Review of "Dartmoor Rosettes"

published 19/07/2001 | Ariel
Member since : 26/07/2000
Pro Excelent prompt service, good value and quality. Take small orgainzersseriously
Cons I have not had reason to use them for some time, and things may change
Style

"Dartmoor Rosettes"

I used this company to order rosettes for several photo shows and one village gymkhana, and the reason I haven't used them for a couple of years now is because I stopped running shows, not because I was in any way dissatisfied with their work.

I first spotted their details in the back of one of the magazines, and requested a catalogue, at the same time as several other firms. I do remember that several companies didn't even get in touch, and several more had very large minimum order requirements. Dartmoor however was prompt, helpful, and happy to acknowledge that small shows and amateur organisers can take their Big Day as seriously as any major event!

When I first started out organising I was still in school, and on a tight budget, so my first orders were small (1st - 4th in say 8 classes, plus a 'runners up class' and BIS) with standard off the peg rosettes. I remember this being very affordable, and the order dealt with seriously and promptly. The quality of the rosettes was pretty good as well, not skimping on the ribbons or the tails, and backs strong enough to actually let you use the ties. (I have found that to be a problem with cheapies elsewhere)

Towards the end of my organising I was making more extensive, although still relatively small scale orders - centre printed from my own logo, in silver, not gold, multilayer, tail blocking etc. I even had one made up as a treat to myself to commemorate my final show with five layers of black, white and purple, which I still have on the wall. They always did a great job, producing luxurious seeming awards it was a pleasure to give out, and that I know the recipients appreciated, without breaking the bank.

Even with the vagaries of the post, I never had a parcel late, missing, or battered, and everything always arrived pressed and ready to go. One event I helped with had used a company much closer to home, and I vividly remember hammering on the workroom door on the day of the show, because they'd missed three delivery deadlines and we were desperate, so knowing that a company will do their job, as they agreed, is important to my peace of mind as an organiser.

My only caveat would be that it must be early three years since I last used them, so I have no way of knowing if they've gone downhill, but somehow I doubt it.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 14/08/2017
    Handy
  • lady250482 published 17/02/2006
    I hope to organise an event this year so this review was a great help! Thank you :)

Product Information : Dartmoor Rosettes