DateTheUK.co.uk

Dating & Relationships

Review of "DateTheUK.co.uk"

published 05/09/2009 | SoggyEgg
Member since : 05/09/2009
Pro None, the site does not appear to have real people using it.
Cons Very high hidden costs and you are not likely to find a living person using the site.
Navigation
Layout & Design
Content Update

"Don't be tempted!"

According to the rules of the site, I'm not allowed to use the word that summarise these people without the need for further description. However, I will warn that if you follow datetheUK's 99p 24 hour full access, you WILL end off paying at least £30.98.

Firstly, I was sucked into believing I had received emails from three good-looking girls (who are unlikely to exist) but the only way to read their emails was to activate a full-access pass. 'Conveniently' this 99p offer was given to me and like a naive fool, I activated it.

The 24 hour pass turns into a full month subscription unless you cancel your pass before the trial runs out. To do this you need to click a link that sends a code to your personal email address to cancel with.

But you won't get it on time, no. It will arrive well after the 24 hour pass has expired, and you'll find - like me - that you've been charged a further £29.99.

They don't have an operational phone number and there is no external email address, so you have to use their internal email system to complain. However, they just ignore your demands for a refund so you're left with the humiliation and cost of your own trust.