Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Review of "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"

published 08/02/2006 | ady_ankle
Member since : 11/10/2005
Pro lasts for ages
Cons cant think of any
Staying power
How does it affect your skin?

"Cool blokes get Cool Water!"

Cool water from Davidoff has been around for a good number of years now and to be honest will always be my favourite "come back to" aftershave. It is generally a highly popular fragrance and because it lasts for so long is well worth the money.

Davidoff the company make many other fragrances another new one being Echo which is a new favourite of mine. I did do a search on the web about Davidoff and came across the fact they sell smoking stuff! Their website sells anything from ashtrays to cigars! I couldn't believe it! The things you discover writing these reviews!

Now I purchased my bottle from my local Boots store but have seen it available in most chemists or Superdrug. You can get it on line too and these are usually a little cheaper. From Boots I paid out £33 and that was for the 125ml bottle but the smaller 75ml bottle will cost you £19.99.

I had a little look on eBay and found a bottle of the larger size nearly ending at a price of around £15 including postage. I would recommend that you always shop around.

So the bottle of this aftershave is pretty "cool " looking with a dark blue glass bottle and a dark screw top lid. As this is the aftershave it just has a pour type top so you can splash it into your palms. The familiar Davidoff italic writing is written across the front and I think all in all the look of the bottle is simple but nice looking.

Ok, so the aftershave itself......well the smell is really nice. I think it is certainly a distinctive manly smell that will leave you thinking of those summer days. It smells to me fresh and clean and reminds me of the ocean. I think the name cool water sticks in my mind and can just imagine washing myself under a waterfall and smelling this fresh and good!

After applying it (heavily) in the morning it definitely does last all day. The fresh smell lingers on my skin and people are always saying how good i smell! They either can still smell my aftershave or are just trying to chat me up! Either way i know i smell good as i can still smell it on myself!

I think a lot does get wasted what with slapping it in my hands and then on my face. Next time I will see if I can get a spray as my hands are always caked in the stuff and i have to wash my hands just so they don't smell fragranced like my face all day!

I don't think it stings that much afters shaving. Well none more than usual . I have found that cheaper aftershaves tend to really sting where as if you pay out and get a class aftershave like this one from Davidoff it wont cause so much bloody stinging!!!

I think this is a fairly young persons aftershave as the smell is fresh and a little sporty. It certainly wouldn't smell right on my old man I think I'll stick to buying him his old spice!!!

My Mrs cant keep her hands off me when i wear this smell and she is always the first to buy me it if I run out, I bought her the women's version a few Christmas's ago and she was well pleased with that as it smelt just as nice but not manly!

I would say go out and buy this if you are a bloke your 20 to 35. It can be worn for any occasion and a bottle does seem to last a good few months. I give this a great 10/10.

Nice one!

Ady

• freeridemtber published 22/08/2017
    nicely reviewed
  • HotMonkey published 23/02/2006
    I have a funny stroy about this, but I will leave it for later. Great review I like the smell of it but do not use it. But I am acctually considering it.
  • missy0303 published 19/02/2006
    I love cool water, I also wear the female version :-) x

offers "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"