Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Review of "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"

published 18/12/2010 | atticusuk
Member since : 22/02/2004
"You are best writer in the whole damn universe!!! You are the Holy Typewriter of consumerism, and the understated Barcode of reviewers. in my opinion" Timbo3107
Pro Quality and reasonably priced
Cons Make sure you do not over apply
Staying power
How does it affect your skin?

"Nordic Fresh"

Being irresistible to women is not always as enjoyable as you might imagine but it does mean that I save a fortune on hygiene products and in particular after shave as I get a lot of use out of a bottle and is also the reason why I have quite a collection of products on my dressing table.

Davidoff Cool Water is what I would describe as a mature well rounded after shave, it is a solid little number and there is nothing flashy about it. The bottle is simplicity, an ice blue affair with a flattened design and a functional black screw top that is easy to remove and allows access to the narrow aperture to splash some of the after shave into your hand. It has a rather strong smell so you do need to use it sparingly in my opinion otherwise you will rather dominate any room you enter and not in a good way.

Now I do not have the most sophisticated of noses, I have always been envious of those able to detect specific aromas in a wine and with after shave it is no difference, what my nose does detect initially is some fruity over tones to this scent however after it has been on for a while (read 90 minutes which is the length of the nap I've just enjoyed) these tend to dissipate and you are left with a more woody and zesty smell, at least that is the combination I get on my skin.

It is a mellow aroma but also quite musky as well, not over powering but it does have a certain presence. Not a regular wearer of after shave people close to me do notice when I wear this product.

According to the advertising blurb it is "A calm aquatic note is livened by mint and green nuances, spiced with coriander. The unmistakably floral neroli essence and geranium based middle note makes it typically contemporary and masculine. The cedar and oak moss end note is lightened up with musk".
So that makes it all the more obvious, seriously the people who write this stuff have quite a flair for the bull but what I will say is that it does explain both the initial fruity smell and the more musky woody smell that you are left with.

In terms of price you can get a 75ml bottle for between £25 and £30 if you shop around and I reckon that this is a pretty fair price given that the product is very wearable and also lasts a good deal of time on the skin, certainly one application is enough for a night out just remember to not over do it when putting it on.

There is also a similar product by the same name for women and Davidoff also do a "hot water" version as well.

Thanks for reading and rating my review.

• freeridemtber published 22/08/2017
    nicely written. one of my favourites.
  • Brummie699 published 18/12/2010
    *shock* @ pgn's filth :O)
  • pgn0 published 18/12/2010
    A touch woody upon waking... hmmm, sounds familiar.

offers "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"