Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Review of "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"

published 29/10/2011 | Mk2twin40
Member since : 20/10/2011
Pro Great smell, and that's what counts
Cons Buy from a reputable seller
Staying power
How does it affect your skin?

"Subtle yet substantial"

Cool water is somehow a fragrance that is very true to the name on the bottle. One or two sprays on my top half will keep the crisp aquatic scent with me throughout the day. I have a handful of fragrances from different brands, but none quite strike the right tone as this does. When Cool Water tickles my airways, I'm reminded of the alluring aroma of rich wooden furniture, stapled to a backbone of just-detectable menthol, combined with a fresh hydrated texture in the air as if standing in a place of thrashing spring water. Smells are interpreted slightly differently, but I'd say my description is an accurate depiction of how all the ingredients blend to strike a typically masculine and pleasurable cocktail.

I purchased a 125ml bottle almost a year ago, and about half of it is still with me. As I've already asserted, it's my preferred choice and I don't feel the need to use more than 1 or 2 sprays. This satisfies my aim that I can be fully confident in close quarters yet steer well clear of being a giant walking pot-pourri. The tasteful usage of a genuinely appealing product - that's what fragrances are all about. My alternatives on the shelf (and that's where they'll stay for as long as I've got my Cool Water') are somewhat gaudy and stiff, and the word 'perfume' comes to mind rather than 'scent', and that's a problem I don't have with Davidoff's product. Despite my own conservative daily amount, I don't see how you can really 'overdo' it with Cool Water - it doesn't reek of pure alcohol or chemicals, it carries itself only with a detectable presence rather than brute force.

Although not pivotal to the item's function, a good spray nozzle can make the difference between your expensive fragrance landing on you, or disappearing in a thousand undesirable directions as well as onto the tip of your spraying finger. No such problems with the beautifully mesmerising glass container, a sensibly sized push-nozzle dishes the mist well clear of your fingertips and powerfully so - rather than a mickey-mouse splurge of droplets. The bottle itself is clearly styled on the deep blue haze of deep seawater. In a shaded place the glass is almost opaque, thick and far away from delicate. Yet when the light catches it you can be rewarded with a sky blue crystalline appearance, which is pleasing to the eye and a worthy ornament on your shelf.

One final word, as I'm sure you already have seen that a minority of people have ordered Cool Water from some outskirt sellers from some online marketplaces and have been found to receive counterfeit goods which are not genuine, and therefore smell rubbish. Whilst I'm only passing on my own observations, it's best to buy from a proper establishment if purchasing this product, and any expensive perfumes for that matter. I bought mine from the Perfume Shop and everything was as expected.

• angelboouk123 published 29/10/2011
    had to giggle at the giant walking pot-pouri! this is my fiances fave x

offers "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"