Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Review of "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"

published 28/06/2014 | robjak
Member since : 12/01/2005
Satisfactory
Pro A lot of good reviews
Cons I thought it smelt like mouthwash
Staying power
How does it affect your skin?

"Cool water ?????? More like mouthwash !!!!"

As I have said before, I do have trouble when writing reviews about aftershave and perfume, I find it difficult to describe the scents, but they only way to improve is practice so here goes !!

Mr partners mum bought him some Davidoff cool water EDT for his birthday.
It was a bottle of 75ml, and I think she paid around £26 for it from Boots.

The packaging :
The box containing the bottle is a lovely striking blue in colour graduated from light to dark blue from the bottom of the box to the top. In white writing near to the top off the box it says DAVIDOFF cool water.
I must admit when I first saw what it was called (a quick glance), I did think it was called Hasslehoff and was some sort of tribute to the great David Haslehoff !!!!

The bottle :
The bottle is nothing special, just a blue translucent glass bottle with the same written across the front as the box.

The scent :
Well when I had a look on the boots website to find out what ingredients went into the making of this scent I wasn't surprised to discover that peppermint had been used as to me the distinctive smell was a posh mouthwash !!!!!!

Ingredients :
The top notes include zesty Bergamot and fresh Peppermint, aromatic Lavender and Rosemary, green Galbanum and fruity Pineapple. Fresh flowers form the heart of the fragrance: Violet, Jasmine, Honeysuckle and Orange Blossom. Woody notes of Sandal, Cedar and Oakmoss, along with spicy Coriander and Juniper create the earthy, masculine base.
( I have copied the ingredients from the boots website but the rest of this review is mine!)

The description of Davidoff Cool Water is fresh sensual and masculine.
I really couldn't get past the scent of peppermint but thinking about it I suppose that was what made it smell fresh, but I don't really think it's particularly masculine, it really does little more for me than remind me off expensive mouthwash !

My partner however really likes the scent and has taken to wearing it more often than not.
To my dismay the EDT seems to last an exceptionally long time without fading even a little. So I guess if you like the smell it must be good value for money.

Price :
This really does vary in price so I will give you a few differing examples that are in The shops at the time I am writing this review and the shops that it's sold

Boots EDT spray 75ml £26.99
Amazon aftershave splash 75ml £16.85
Fragrance Direct EDT 200ml £33.99

Whilst looking up the prices I have noticed that Davidoff Cool Water is highly rated and has many great reviews so maybe I am in the minority, but I really do not rate it.

Oh well you can't please everyone all of the time, and scents are a very personal thing and down to individual tastes.
I do hope my partners doesn't receive any more, but if he does I suppose it's not that offensive, just not my cup of tea !!!

• angelboouk123 published 28/06/2014
    Sorry I like this one too lol
  • Pearl58 published 28/06/2014
    Good review - but I do like this fragrance!
  • xd-o-n-z-x published 28/06/2014
    vh

offers "Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave"