Davina - My Pre And Post Natal Workouts (DVD)

Davina - My Pre And Post Natal Workouts (DVD)

Review of "Davina - My Pre And Post Natal Workouts (DVD)"

published 24/06/2012 | Julie449
Member since : 23/06/2012
I'm Julie, just starting out on here again after a while away. I'm a working mother of 2 and a wife. I like to share my views & read others. I try not to take things too seriously and try to enjoy life as much as I can. X
Pro Great way to stay fit both during and after pregnancy
Cons Workouts are quite long
Did you enjoy it?
What format are you reviewing?

"Davina's baby workout"

Davina's pre and post natal workouts dvd has gentle yet effective fitness routines for during and after your pregnancy. I bought this dvd when I was pregnant, as I was worried about how much weight I was putting on and how unfit I was beginning to feel in my pregnancy. I bought this dvd for around £10, I know that there are cheaper dvds out there for and after pregnancy but I feel this dvd is worth spending a little more on.

On the cover of the dvd there are two pictures of Davina, one with a big pregnant belly and one looking like her usual toned self.

Once the dvd has loaded up before we get to the menu like on most fitness dvds there is a disclaimer, with advice on when not to exercise and it suggests to consult your doctor or midwife before beginning this dvd. I know that fitness dvds have to feature this kind of information, but it really is important to be extra careful when pregnant, and although it is most likely going to be fine i feel its best to ask first.

The dvd begins with an introduction from Davina after she has given birth, in which she gives us some of her personal experiences, recommendations and whats to come on the dvd.

Each routine includes a warm up, some low impact aerobics, lots of toning exercises, and those very important for new mothers pelvic floors, followed by some stretching.

As I'm sure you're guessed the pregnancy workout is first followed by the post natal workout. It is suggested to start the post natal workout six weeks after giving birth and longer if you have had a c section. All you need for these workouts is a chair, a mat and in one section you need some pillows. No expensive equipment necessary. Workouts are done with Davina and her personal trainer Jackie. These workouts are made with the support of the National childbirth Trust.

The exercises in this dvd are straight forward, easy to follow and you can take them at your own pace. Davina is brilliant throughout the dvd, she really makes you feel at ease, and her giggles with Jackie and her cheeky personality make it feel less intense.

I had a few pregnancy dvds and this was by far my favourite. Although the post natal workouts are obviously a little more challenging they are not too impossible or intense, perfect for getting back into excercise after having your baby when you are feeling a little unfit. I say this but I do tend to use the post natal workout now and again even now and my son is 3. The pregnancy workout is a great way to stay active while pregnant and the more active you are during your pregnancy the more help this will be during your labour, at least thats what they say. The only real negative I have about this dvd is that the workouts are quite long, and especially as a new mum it is hard to find the time to fit something like this in. My advice get Daddy or grandparents to take over the baby duties for a little while, so you can focus on your workout. Davina has a great mindset and really keeps you focused yet have fun at the same time. I would highly recommend this dvd to all expectant and new mums.

This dvd also comes with a little added extra- Davina's top tips, on being pregnant, on giving birth, and being a new mum. This section includes some lovely advice and funny stories.

Running time is approx 113 minutes, and has english subtitles for the hard of hearing.